Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5 - A trip to the fair

I took a couple pictures on Tuesday when Aiden was at therapy. In the first picture, he is playing swords with Ms. Lisa. 
He's been doing so well in therapy and it's helping so much. I told him on the way home that we won't be able to see Ms. Lisa much longer because he's doing so well and she has other kids she needs to help. He got so sad and said he wanted to keep seeing Ms. Lisa. He said, "we can call her and ask her to keep seeing me." It was so cute and grown up. I told him "we'll see" because I felt like I was breaking his heart. He asked if he still got to see Ms. Shannon (his speech therapist) and I said yes but then he replied, "but I really like Ms. Lisa. Can I start to talk to Ms. Lisa?" The kid is too cute and smart for his own good. In this second picture, he has weight on both hands. Ms. Lisa put the weight on his forearm and hand and the little booger decided to use his right hand so he had to find a weight to put on that. It was pretty funny.
On Tuesday night, I took the boys to the fair for the first time. It would have been much easier/better to go as a family when Brad could go so we'll have to go next year in AL.
We got there a little later than I wanted and missed the pig races which Aiden was excited about. We went to see the K-9 unit but the boys were not as interested as I was. We took the family picture while we were waiting for them to bring the dogs out. We hadn't even walked that far and Aiden's face was all red from walking. The first two pictures of Eli are him not even paying attention to the cool and smart K9 dog.
Eli is actually facing the OPPOSITE direction of the dog.
After we walked around for a bit and looked at the rides, I told the boys we could get a bag of cotton candy. We sat down to watch the frog jump contest and the boys enjoyed some yummy, colored, sugar.
The man hosting the frog jump contest was a little crazy. The boys mainly stayed entertained and Aiden even raised his hand twice to be chosen to pick up the frog. That cracks me up. The kid can't stand touching slimy/wet things and I have a hard time getting him to just try touching new surfaces/animals so I can only imagine what would happen if he tried to pick up a frog.
We didn't ride any of the rides because I wasn't sure Eli and/or Aiden wanted to go and I Aiden wanted me to ride it with him but Eli didn't want to go and I couldn't figure out a way to magically duplication myself. My God's mercy on my sanity, Aiden was a little sad when I told him we were not going to ride the rides because it was too hard with just mommy and that we could do rides when we go to Disney in a couple weeks or next time we go to the fair and daddy can come with us. He said, "awww" and then just moved on which was so awesome of him. We went to look at all the animals and the boys had fun doing that. They found a huge bunny to pet in the picture below.
In the collage picture, Aiden is sitting on my lap watching the frog show and Eli has slid completely out of his stroller and his bottom is on the ground while eating cotton candy and watching the frog show. In the bottom collage picture, we are sitting in a cazebo that had a swing eating dinner (sandwiches and apples) and getting one last taste of cotton candy. I was shocked when I told them that this was their last bite of cotton candy for the day the they could have some more tomorrow but I didn't want to hear anyone ask about for the rest of the day. They both complied!!! Extra awesome.
Grandma Jo and Grandpa Dave brought this jello/cookie animal mold cutout thing last time they were here. My mom made some jello and we used it for the first time. They didn't actually get to have an animal for the first time until the other night though. The first picture is Eli showing me his elephant jello. They are such thick pieces that I just put it on a plate for him with no silverware.
You can't see it in the picture very well but Eli's face and hand are all red from holding the jello.
After carefully watching Eli eat his jello, Aiden decided to try one eventually. He took forever to touch it but once he finally did, I think the taste outweighed the uncomfortable part of having to touch the jello. His hands and face were all red too and he asked me to leave his hands all red for the night. He cracks me up. Lucky for him, the red didn't come off even when we washed his hands.
I just got the results back from Aiden's IQ test and anxiety testing a few weeks back. Nothing completely surprising (I'll do an update in a few days) but I need to make some phone calls and start praying on what to do with our special little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment