Thursday, July 25, 2013

7/24 - Moving Nana in with us



On Friday morning we left to head to St. Pete to get my mom and move her up to Jax. On the way down, we stopped in Tampa for my first IKEA trip ever. It was so amazing. We ate a pretty good lunch there, the kids loved the play center area, and we found most of the stuff we wanted. We were pinched for time (the kids could only stay for 40 min) so I didn't get everything I wanted to but I was still overall pleased with the trip. We got to Nana's apartment and she had done a great job of packing things up. We did some light packing and then headed off to Bob Evans for dinner. Here is Aiden waiting for his french toast that he ordered. Iggy, the chameleon on his head, has been traveling around with us lately. Eli ordered spaghetti (which we don't eat at our house) and devoured it and didn't really make a mess. I was actually impressed.





On Saturday morning we finished packing up a few last minute things and then the guy power arrived. We are so blessed. My sister's brother, cousin, step-dad, and a friend came over to help us move. It was so awesome and sweet of them. My cousin Rachel was going to watch the boys but then my sister decided she would be in town too and it would be great to get the cousins together. That said, I ended up taking the boys to her aunt's house in St. Pete and she had her 3 boys with her and then my aunt and cousin came to help out too and we added in my 2 boys. I then took back off to go to my mom's apartment. The boys were already taking boxes downstairs and stacking them up. It took a while to get the moving van and trailer but Brad finally showed up with the MASSIVE truck. He tried to get a smaller one but they didn't have anything available. We got it all packed up pretty quick but the longest part were those last few items and then cleaning up. Here are a few pictures of the boys having some fun with their cousins:

I wish I could have seen all the cousins playing together. Aiden loves his cousins and I really wish we were closer to he could see them more. After all the stuff was out and most everything was clean, Rachel and Becky brought the boys back over to Nana's apartment to eat lunch. The boys had a great time with them and I just love this picture to the below. I haven't had a picture with my cousin Rach and my aunt Becky in a long time so glad we got a few pictures. 







It was finally time to put the trailer on the truck. The boys helped out and had so much fun. It seemed like forever from getting to truck loaded to actually leaving. I'm SO SO SO glad Rach and Becky stayed around to help with the boys while we did all the last minute stuff that didn't last a minute at all; more like an hour. The boys were so hot from being outside but I was scared to give them too much water because then we would need to stop and use the potty. I also knew it would take longer than usual to get back to Jax since we were following Brad in the truck and with the trailer. We did pretty good and just made one stop at a rest stop which was great because Brad didn't have to worry about driving that huge thing with a trailer and doing tight turns. 








It took us about 4-4.25 hrs to make the trip and of course, little Eli falls asleep with about 10-15 minutes to go. The poor little guy didn't get a nap the day before and then didn't fall asleep until 5:15ish on this day. His body is so confused. We let him sleep for about 20-30 min and then woke him up.

The boys have LOVED having Nana and Bronco home with us. We ended up not going to church on Sunday because the previous two days just completely wore us out. My mom didn't have any clothes either because they were all in boxes on the truck. With the help of some church friends on Sunday afternoon, we got truck unloaded and lots unpacked for my mom. 

The boys were showing Nana their activity dice and they were getting a little physical activity in on Sunday morning. Sunday night was the last evening of Sports Camp at church so I took the boys to that while Nana continued to unpack and Brad did a few things around the house. 
Here is Eli playing basketball. He's getting better put I think he is more of a power guy rather than an accurate thrower kind of boy.
Aiden loved playing all the sports but seemed to enjoy the 'lacrosse' he played. 


Nana is unpacking right now and getting settled in. I think the space she has upstairs is pretty nice for her. I'm sure there will be kinks along the way with 2 households blending in to one but with patience, prayer, honesty, and love, it's all going to workout just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment