Friday, July 29, 2011

7/29 - The Ray Reunion

Last weekend many of the Ray family got together to say hi to grandpa. Almost all the brothers and sisters had not been together since grandma died about 4 yrs ago.
It was good to see grandpa again. His girlfriend was there (purple shirt) and he was still as feisty as ever. You can see him telling Jan about how he was waiting downstairs for someone to get him to bring him over to the conference center where we had the gathering.
Here are all my aunts. My mom was the only daughter missing.
Here are all my uncles. Everyone had a good time chatting and seeing each other again.
This next picture is some grandchildren and some great grandchildren.
There was only one other cousin there. That means there were 2 out of 11 of us there although my cousin Rachel was able to come towards the end.
Grandpa is getting old and his macular degeneration is getting pretty bad. He was put in an ALF last week and was just told at the gathering that he won't be leaving to go back to his apartment. He is pretty much blind now out of both eyes. His brain still works although he loves to tell the same stories over again.
Having the boys there was a bit of a challenge but they did pretty good. Brad and my uncle Jon took the kids (our 2 boys plus his 4) for a walk and got a little lost. The kids were nice and worn out by the time they got back which probably helped him them a bit calm for the gathering. Brad had to make an emergency run for food for the boys because they were having a breakdown. After they got some chicken nuggets and apples in them, they were much better behaved. They enjoyed seeing family.
This child cracks everyone up. Cheese!!!
This picture of my uncle Bill and Brad cracks me up. Two Navy men (my uncle is prior Navy) that just look a little uncomfortable.
Here is a picture of Sheri, my aunt. Good gravy is was good to see her. I haven't seen my aunt Sheri and uncle Jon in a really long time (years and years) and I think I've only met one of their four kids before last weekend. They live in Tenn and drove down for the week.
I had to include this picture that Brad took because I have my new coral watch on. I love the color coral!! Brad got to pick the hair style, straight or flipped out. It's kinda fun having options and it's actually not too much trouble. I'm still thoroughly enjoying my new short hairstyle although it does get quite hot and it stick to the back of my neck sometimes.
Thankfully my aunt Sharon brought some games. While my boys were too young to know how to play them according to the rules, it didn't stop them from playing. This Connect Four game lasted for 45 min of entertainment!
My uncle Bill sat with the boys for a few minutes so Brad and I could get some dinner. They found the Jenga came and loved that as well. Eli was having a bit of a tough time sharing the blocks with Aiden but Aiden built a fort with the blocks while Eli just dumped them out and put them back in the container for 30 minutes.
Brad was so awesome at watching the boys so that I could be a little more free to go and roam and talk with family. I love my husband.
Towards the end of the gathering, the boys were going a little stir crazy but it was about to pour so they couldn't go too far. Brad took them for another walk (Aiden loves going for walks) and then they blew some bubbles. Thankfully my uncle Bill brought some and that definitely did the trick by the end of the day.
On sunday morning, we went out to the beach to see my uncle Jon and aunt Sheri and their 4 kids. It was great. We swam at the pool for an hour or so. Brad got lots of exercise by throwing all the kids around. We had our hands full trying to keep Eli and Aiden from drowning too. I see swim lessons for Eli is the near future.
I had to borrow a bathing suit and get in the pool and help because someone was going to drown.
Eli at one point got really lovey and gave Brad a huge hug and didn't want to let go of him. It warms my heart.
Both boys had fun playing with nana. Nana was a trooper because the hot weather is miserable with her and her MS. We did find a chair in the shade that she could sit in. Between the heat/sun and my mom's bad back (she had just gotten a shot), she had a good attitude and enjoyed the visit.
Towards the end of our pool fun, Eli decided to play a fun game with daddy. It was too funny to watch. Eli wanted to eat his snack so I told him he had to stay out of the pool. He decided to sit on the edge of the pool. When Brad came and sit by him to keep him company, he got up and ran down to the other end of the pool and sat on the side. Brad would then get up and run down and sit by Eli again and then Eli would get up and run down the side of the pool. It was too cute. In the last picture, Brad had just come to sit by Eli and Eli was standing to go down to the other end of the pool.
It was great to see some family and to hang out with my uncle jon and aunt sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment