Sunday, July 3, 2011

7/3 - New hair cut!

I'm finally getting in a rhythm of having the boys back. I was able to have a few playdates too this week which was great. In the first pictures, you can see Blaise and Eli playing in the pool in the backyard. Aiden eventually got in the water but he preferred being out of the pool
Aiden cracks me up with how serious he his sometimes. He does thoroughly enjoy the tv show Super Why and he's actually learning the sounds of the letters.
We got to skype with Brad at the beginning of the week since he pulled in to port in Spain. The kids loved "seeing" daddy again. We also skyped with Grandma Jo. The boys decided to color for Grandma Jo went means Eli kept trying to eat marker and Aiden was actually drawing things.
They were happy to see Grandma Jo and talk with her. Aiden was trying to show her how well he can jump and then they also had a wrestling match with blankets on the kitchen floor for her to watch.
Towards the end of the day they were getting pretty goofy and discovered this game for themselves; Eli crawling under Aiden's legs. They both thought it was hysterical.  
We had another play date on Thursday evening with 3 girls. The boys had fun and especially liked the chocolate chip cookie they got for dessert. 
While the boys were in daycare on Friday, I decided to get my hair cut. Really cut. Short. Short for me at least. Stephanie met me at the salon and I showed Terry (the man cutting my hair) some pictures of styles I liked. I started cutting away. After he cut it, he blow dried it, and then used a straight iron on it to smooth some things out. 
I like it! I need to play around with it some more and find the right products that work for me.
I don't know why this first picture is a littler blurry but you can still see my new hair cut.
Yesterday, we did a few errands in the morning to get groceries and a straight iron for my hair. The boys thoroughly enjoyed hummus yesterday for lunch and ate about 1/2 the container! 
Crystal came over last night and we met at Chick-fil-a for dinner and then came back to my house to put the boys down and then play Wii. 
Eli found the kazoo the other night and has been carrying it around for a few days now. 
Aiden was enjoying his cars and playing with them last night. 
We went to church this morning. I was surprised we made it to the early service because little Aiden didn't go to bed until 10:45pm last night. I was shocked. Eli and Aiden decided to dance around the living room while I was getting their lunch ready. Eli has adopted Aiden's one-legged dance move.
Aiden was running around and showing me how he can hop on one leg!
Eli went in to the kitchen to show me the camera and wanted me to take a picture of us. He absolutely cracks me up. He's trying so hard to talk and I can make 2-3 words but normally I have to ask him to show me what he's talking about.
 We have no 4th of July plans yet. We'll be going back to church tonight to start the summer Sports Camp for Aiden's age. I don't know how he's gonna stay awake after going to bed over 3 hours late last night and then not napping at all today. After Eli wakes up I'm gonna take the boys outside to play in the pool and do haircuts. We'll shower quickly and then we'll be off to church again. Happy 4th of July everybody. And oh yeah, Happy Belated Birthday Bradley. We love and miss you. Can't wait to celebrate our birthdays when you get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment