Thursday, August 2, 2012

8/2 - Exercising & Eli's first ice cream cone

Now that the boys are in daycare more often, I am not with them as much and when we are together, I haven't been taking as many pictures. Last Thursday was support the Children's Miracle Network at Dairy Queen. For those of you really know Brad, of course he had to support that cause. We took the boys there after we picked them up from daycare. Brad and I had just gone to the gym so we fed the boys and then Brad and I had a Blizzard for dinner. I know, healthy right? :)  This was Eli's first time eating an ice cream cone! He did pretty good. Brad had to coach him along the way and we turned our heads for a minute and he took a big bite out of the bottom of the cone.

Speaking of nutrition, Brad and I started focusing on our nutrition a bit more. We have apps on our phone that let us log everything we eat and how much we exercise. It's pretty cool and has been great for Brad. For our anniversary a few weeks ago, we both ordered a new toy. Brad ordered the NikeFuelBand and I got a new iPod Nano. We played with them for a day and I liked the Nike FuelBand and Brad wanted a GPS high-tech watch from Nike instead. My FuelBand keep track of how many steps I take as well as how active I am. It's pretty cool. It uploads info to my computer and my iPhone to tell me if I am being active enough to reach the goal that I have set. Brad just got his watch  last night so he hasn't even had time to play with it yet.
The boys decided to play with flashcards the other day.  Aiden made his space on the floor in the living room and he matched lower case and upper case letters.
Eli just laid his out all over the couch and thought that was fun enough!
I just bought this little book of tracing and basic drawing stuff for the boys. They use very basic shapes to create pictures so the boys can learn to draw. I laminated them and the boys are loving them (and they are lasting longer than one time).
I was shocked that even Eli wanted to do some and that he was actually pretty good at it.
On Saturday, we hit the gym as a family. We normally do this and base has a pretty good family fitness room. After we get done exercising we let the boys go and play on the equipment. Here they are playing on the rings. They both enjoy swinging on them.
We also make sure the boys get their exercise so we let them pick a park to go to. They chose Vaughn Park which is about a 20 min drive. It's a really cool playground. We stayed there a little over an hour and the kids were tired and hot from the sun. Here is Eli pouring dirt. Unlike Eli, Aiden isn't a huge fan of playing with the dirt. :)
The both love this little raft thing. The problem is when they are both on raft/boat, mommy or daddy has to make it go! :)
I took the picture below on Sunday before we left for church. We've gone to the same church now for 3 weeks and are enjoying it. I think I'll even be helping out with Awana this year. We don't have to leave for church until 8:45ish which is much later than we are used to so we had time for a picnic on Sunday morning.
The last two pictures were taken yesterday afternoon. The boys decided to work on their drawing/tracing with the new laminated sheets. They love having their little table to work on whenever they want.
When we picked up Eli the other day from daycare, he was in time out. Not okay in our world. When we picked him up yesterday, the teacher rewarded him with a ring sucker because he was the only one who listened!! Nice turn around. She then gave Aiden one too which was sweet. Unfortunately, Eli dropped his and it broke so I gave him just a regular sucker. They have to stay on the tile with food/suckers so here they are in the kitchen sitting on the bosu ball.
Brad started school this week but has only had to go for half days. In his down time in the past couple weeks, he's had two private pilots lessons and tomorrow he's taking the aircraft out for the first time by himself. After he practices some, the boys want to go up with him. Brad starts full-time school next week and we'll know when more about what his schedule will be. We've enjoyed having some much needed family time with the boys while waiting for school to start. These boys are growing so fast!! I'm so thankful God has let us borrow these two precious boys to raise. They are getting to be so much fun and it's great to watch them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment