Thursday, September 13, 2012

9/13 - Mowing the yard

So this might be a boring post for some of you but I felt like I needed to post it. I was mowing the yard last week and was dreading mowing it. Our yard is huge and we even have a self-propelled mower which is pretty new ... but our yard is huge. Did I mention we have a huge yard? Anyway, I started mowing the front yard and a few minutes into the mow, God really spoke to me. Rather than being annoyed I have a huge yard to mow, I should be really thankful I have a huge yard to mow. I should be grateful for a yard, and a house, and a mower, and a body that works and can push the mower. My dreaded mowing turned in to an hour of talking with God and being grateful for all the things I do have. We are so blessed and fortunate to have what we do and while sometimes it might seem like a curse or we focus on the negative aspects of things, all things can be a blessing depending on how you look at it. Thank you God for providing for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment