Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/13 - While Nana was here; Eli sick

We had 1-2 days of both boys feeling pretty well. The boys had so much fun with Nana while she was here. Eli is getting pretty good at playing catch. Here he is with Nana and you can see how excited he was about catching the ball. You can see Aiden in the background. He wanted to shovel dirt into the driveway entrance so that the rain wouldn't get on the road (there was lots of rain in the forecast).
The boys asked to play with play-doh while Nana was here. I got the stuff out and they had lots of fun with Nana. She is very creative and she built them baskets and then they put little balls of play-doh in them.

I thought we escaped with just Aiden being sick. Nope. Exactly a week later, Eli came home with a fever from daycare at noon. You could tell he really was not feeling well. His face got all flushed from his fever and his nose started running a ton.
It was just after nap time when I went to daycare and Aiden wanted to come home too. Here he is playing on my phone while Eli was laying around not feeling well.
Eli just wanted to cuddle for the rest of the day. Thankfully Nana was here and could give him the attention he wanted :)
While the boys were lounging around during the afternoon, I got a text from Brad that said he was about to fly over the house. He has gotten his private pilot rating and has been flying about once a month or so. We all ran outside (well, I carried Eli), and got to wave to him. He even made the wings of the plane flap so it looked like he was waving to us. Here is Brad flying over our house. He had a great time flying and took a friend with him which made it even more fun.
I took Eli to the doctor on Thursday just to get him checked out. He didn't have a really high temperature like Aiden did with flu Type B but I couldn't be sure it wasn't the flu without a test. Also, he had said a few times that his ears hurt and I didn't even know if his tubes were still in so it was possible he had an ear infection. To make matters worse, there was another boy in Eli's class that was just diagnosed with strep throat. There were too many unknowns so I needed to take him in. They swapped his throat for strep and his nose for the flu. We went home and waited for the tests to be done and the results phoned in. Amazingly, he didn't have strep or the flu!! Praise the Lord!! Both of his tubes are still in but the right one is facing upwards somehow and she said it's probably causing him discomfort. The left one is in and looks fine. It was just a cold. He "rested" on Thursday with me at home. In the afternoon, we got Aiden and the boys had lots of fun opening a package from Ms. Jen, our neighbor in Jacksonville. Eli was starting to feel a little better and decided to try and balance his new Mr. Potatoe Head cup on his head.
Eli said he was feeling pretty good on Thursday night so we all went out to dinner at a new pizza place that is in downtown Prattville. We had a good time and the food was yummy.
This is a really cute picture of the boys and Nana below. Aiden wanted to make sure his lizard was in the picture and Eli was starting to feel much better and was being goofy.
They boys played for a bit once we got home. Aiden has discovered that he can take his new ball that Mrs. Jen sent him and bounce it against the brick column by the front door and it will come back to him ... assuming he hits he column. Otherwise, it goes into the toy room. :)

Both boys went to daycare on Friday. We did lots of yard work during the day. Nana and I picked up the boys early on Friday and took them to the YMCA to play. They had fun and enjoyed getting to show Nana where they like to play at. I think they had more fun with the containers that hold the shoes than they did with the actual play structure this time.
Nana let the boys open a little present she gave them for Valentine's day. It was a painting book. Actually, 2 books. One has a strip of paint at the top of the page for each page so you don't need anything else besides a paint brush and water (in theory; the paint doesn't really show up though). The other is a water color paint book. They had fun playing in those. I got out the bingo markers for them to use to paint with and they then decided to put a mark on their finger and then run to the bathroom to wash it off. I'll let Aiden put ink on himself all day long. He did it about 2 times and then realized he doesn't like washing his hands so he went to another activity. Eli put ink on himself and washed his hands for a good 40 minutes. I'm not kidding. It was too funny.
The boys stayed in their jammies almost all day on Saturday. Nana left on Saturday so we were just enjoying our last bit of time with her.
Here are Aiden and Nana being goofy with a pvc pipe that was leftover from our tent (I'll blog about that in the next day or so). It's so amazing what will entertain kids!
Eli was really sad that Bronco was going with Nana. He was sad Nana was leaving too but this little boy is quite fond of animals. Here he is petting Bronco and then giving him kisses with Aiden.
The look on Bronco's face cracks me up. He is like, "hey boys, stop kissing me and just leave me alone. I'm not allowed to give you kisses so you can't give me kisses."
The boys both decided they want to start taking pictures with my camera. The one of my mom and I was taken by Aiden.
Here is one taken by Eli. Eli cracks me up because he tells you what kind of face to make before he takes the picture and then he shows you. I need to take a video of it.
We had a great 2 weeks with Nana. Both boys were sick and I was so so so scared Nana was going to get sick. God is great though and kept her protected and healthy. Brad safely drove her to Georgia and then my dad got her back to St. Pete. I am behind in blogging because 1) I've still been pretty darn tired and 2) I've spent the little energy and free time I have had obsessing about a tent project.

No comments:

Post a Comment