Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8/17 - Short entry

This is going to be short because I only have 27% battery left on my computer and my charger is back in Florida (and I'm in Iowa). Here are a few pictures before we left. You can see Eli playing with the letters and numbers on the fridge while wearing Aiden's rain boots. He's too cute.
Brad treated the boys to piggy back rides around the house the day before we left too. 
Aiden still usually refuses to try and brush all his teeth on his own so here is daddy helping him.
Two days before we left, we decided to re-do part of our yard. The front yard has been driving me crazy for a while mainly because of a crazy-placed palm tree by the developers of the house and some bushes that shed their leaves every winter and turn black and look yucky. Last Wednesday the neighbors came over and helped us take out the palm tree by the entry way and move it to the other side of the house. This was a difficult task because the palm tree had grown it's root system through the sprinkler system.
We got everything moved, a bunch of bushes/shrubs pulled out, and some new stuff planted. I forgot to take an "after" picture so I'll have to do that when we get home. Having the palm tree removed from right by the door has opened up the entry way so much already. I love it.
We are safely in Iowa and enjoying the great weather and Brad's family. I've had lots of work to do since I just accepted an offer to teach an undergraduate exercise psychology class at UF for the fall. It starts at 7:25am which means I'll need to leave the house by 5:30/5:45am! Yikes. I'll update more when I get to charge my battery!

No comments:

Post a Comment