Friday, June 15, 2012

6/16 - A short visit to Nana's

Aiden started eating therapy a couple weeks ago and it's been going okay. He's feeding dinosaurs (and touching foods he won't normally touch) and realizing that touching foods and playing with them doesn't mean he has to eat them. Brad and I were questioning if it was working at all and then we found out he at 3 servings and beanie weenie at daycare the other day!  He's never eaten that for us before.
We had a quick trip to St. Pete for a funeral last weekend. I took a couple of pictures when we were out on our walk with Bronco which is what I'm showing you. God blessed us on this morning walk and we got to see crabs, string rays, fish, dolphins, and a egret. It was pretty cool.
The boys were staring at an egret eating a bird.
Here is a cute picture we took at the end of our walk. Aiden didn't real feel like smiling and looking at the camera.
The boys enjoyed playing with random things like this box that was protection for something else that was shipped. Go figure.
Here is Aiden flipping through Nana's bible; he loves her bible.
We came home on Saturday night and went to church on Sunday so we could say bye to Ms. Stephanie.
That night was Awana awards. Aiden was not so happy because things did not happen like they usually do. He had to sit in the main auditorium but not with us which created problems in his world. He is sitting by his friends Maddie and Lily but still isn't happy.
They called his name for completing his book for the year but still wasn't happy. I even walked him back to his classroom and sat by him for a few minutes before they handed out the awards they won. He still wasn't happy.
He wouldn't even walk up to the teacher, Mrs. Vicki, to get his award so she had to bring it to him. When she did that he covered his face with his hands. Poor guy. His friend Thomas even tried to come over and help make him happy but that didn't work either.
The whole class was singing and dancing .... except Aiden. He just stood up and pouted. Needless to say, he didn't have a great night.

Eli wasn't a huge fan of the schedule change but he still did alright. All the kids got to sit up on the stage for a bit and Eli liked that. It was very hard for him to wait his turn to get onto the stage though.
On Monday, I took the boys to the mall in the morning for a playmate. They had fun and completely wore themselves out by wrestling with each other. They were pretty gentle so I didn't mind.  Talk about a good workout. They were both sweating pretty hard.
I decided a few days ago that I would have a garage sale this saturday. Not ideal planning but next week is out because I have a sunday school function on saturday morning and we won't be here the next saturday because we'll be moved to Alabama. I read hanging stuff up helps at a garage sale so I am going to hang up all the clothes I have with these pipes laying across a ladder. We'll see if it works.
After talking with Stephanie who recently did a garage sale, I'm trying to find something to do with the boys (somewhere to send them) so that they won't be around when I'm selling their toys and I can have an extra pair of hands and eyes to help me out (that winner would be Brad if I can find someone else to watch them). 

No comments:

Post a Comment