Thursday, December 17, 2009

12/17 - Still in hospital

We are still in the hospital but I want to talk about something other than Eli still be here right now so I'm gonna talk about cute little Aiden. The picture below is from the Christmas party at Brad's work that we went to. As you can see, Aiden is crying his eyes out on Santa's lap....there is always next year. When he figures that Santa brings him a present, he'll like him eventually. He LOVED the present this Santa gave him (Thomas the train bath toys).
Last week, before Aiden got really sick, I met my friend Cindy at Chick-fil-a and we had lunch. This was the first time I let Aiden go in the play area. He had fun even though there was just this circle thing that he could climb in and out of.
The picture below shows how miserable my little man was as I took him to the doctor office last Wednesday. He could barely breathe (hence the open mouth) and was so tired. He is feeling much better now!
I got to take Aiden home the other night while Brad stayed with Eli for a few hours. The Hunters gave Aiden and Eli a Christmas present and below is Aiden trying to take his present. He was so cute and excited. He wanted to open it so bad. I think Christmas will be fun this year ... even if we wrapped up the toys he already has! haha
Aiden has been shipped around to various places this week but we are so grateful for our church friends who have helped us out during this difficult period. We really thought Eli was going home yesterday but ... we are still here at the hospital. He hasn't been eating and his oxygen was dropping quite a bit at night. His coughing and sneezing are SO much better and he is not wheezing anymore (that much). He still gets breathing treatments every 4 hours and they brought us a nebulizer yesterday that we will use once we leave here. I'm pretty confident we are going to be able to go home today.
The above picture was when they had a "no-no" on Eli's hand to protect his IV. They don't make them small enough so that didn't work out. They eventually just but Coban on it so he can't bend it and ruin the IV. Brad took the picture below while I was with Aiden the other day. He's actually being alert now and looks like he's feeling so much better.
His sleeping is all messed up now and he thinks 2am-10am is his night time right now. I'm not enjoying that right now and that will have to change soon. He's sleeping as I type this. I'm gonna have to wake him up so he doesn't keep us up all night. Eli has lost some weight being here but he's a chunky monkey so I'm not worried about it.
The picture above is Eli being fascinated with the O2 and heart rate machine that constantly goes off because he starting crying and his heart rate goes off the charts or he stops breathing for a few seconds and that makes the machine go off. Thankfully I know where the 'silence' button is at!!

Hopefully the next post will be from home with pictures from our real camera and not my camera phone. Christmas cards will be very late this year ... they are sitting on the table and most of them are actually done!

No comments:

Post a Comment