Wednesday, July 14, 2010

7/14 - Brad is gone; Eli is everywhere

Little Eli has been a pretty good baby lately despite some teeth coming in and causing him some nap troubles. When he is awake, he's pretty happy which is awesome. This is pretty new for us and I am attributing it to the Zantac he is getting now. This very first picture cracks me up yet scares me because Eli looks like he is about to cause some serious trouble.
Aiden got a new slide a few nights ago. He loves slides and I thought it would be a great toy to have in the house since it seems to rain so much. He LOVES it. He's reminding me to take his shoes off in this picture. I don't know why he thinks he needs his stool to go up 2 steps but I'll let him experiment.

Aiden decided to eat his corn the other night by picking up his corn with his fingers and then placing it on his spoon. I'm pretty sure that he is not supposed to be regressing using his spoon and fork.
Aiden got a "new" (bought it off Craig's list) bike last night. I showed it to him and all he wanted to do was push it around. He finally has a bike with pedals, and he wants to push it! After we both got frustrated with that, we went back inside where Aiden played on his new slide and "crashed" at the bottom into stacks of pillows he placed.
Aiden also decided he would try and suffocate his brother by using all the pillows at the bottom of the slide. Don't worry, no one was harmed in the making of this video.

For a special treat the other night, I pulled the sofa bed out for Aiden. That's where Nana is sleeping right now. Aiden LOVES that bed when it's pulled out. He got all the pillows he could find and was rolling around on the bed. Eli was trying to walk around the bed but was trying to hold on the the sheets which move so he was only mildly successful.


Eli is all over the place right now. We leave him in one spot and he's clear across the room a minute later. He found his way under the train table the other night which was pretty funny. I think he'll eventually consider underneath a play area and crawl in there.

Nana and Aiden played with stickers this morning and colored some. Aiden has done a great job playing on his own which he normally does anyway. He's found a turtle that I have blown up for Eli for the pool and keeps pulling it out of the room. He took it out this morning and was standing in it playing with his cars this morning.
Eli is being brave (sounds better than kinda stupid) by crawling to unstable things and trying to get up on his knees while balancing with those unstable things. He'll learn eventually but he doesn't even care that he falls over so much from trying this kind of stuff. His latest goal is to pull his curtains down from his crib in his room. His curtains are tucked in the window and I've pulled the crib away from the window but that darn little boy has still managed to get ahold of them a few times since moving things. I'm gonna have to just move his crib to the middle of the room soon so he can't grab anything.
I'm hoping to get down to the pool today. We'll see how that goes. I went last night with Eli before bed and he LOVED it. Aiden hasn't wanted to go lately so I'm gonna see if I can talk him in to it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment