Monday, July 26, 2010

7/26 - Trip to St. Pete & Eli's 1st day of daycare

It's been a busy couple of days. You can see Eli hoping Nana with the dishes. They were clean ... I guess Eli is making them extra clean by putting Aiden's plate in his mouth. On Thursday I took my mom and the little boys to St. Pete. We left around 3:30 and got in right at 7:30. Eli went to bed over an hour late. We made due with the sleeping arrangement and stayed with my dad. It was the first time in while that my dad (papa) has seen the boys.
Aiden didn't miss a beat and warmed up to my dad right away as did Eli. They went to sleep right away and then my dad drove my mom back to her apartment where they discovered the air was broken. My poor mom slept in 90 degree plus temps.
Aiden had fun playing with papa and the cars at his place.

He really enjoyed/found it interesting to look at all the stuffed animals on the walls in my dads house. He was tipping over all the carved ducks on one of the tables.
I hope it's the first of many visits that papa can have with the boys.
We had a safe trip back to Jax on Friday and the boys tried to take a nap in the car. Eli did a decent job but Aiden really didn't want to sleep. Eli eventually woke up, cried for about 2 min, and went back to sleep. Unfortunately, Eli's crying woke up Aiden so Aiden only ended up sleeping for 30 minutes. :(

On Friday night, Brad and I got a babysitter and went to a movie. We saw Knight and Day and we liked it. It was a nice way to celebrate our anniversary. I was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open after such a long day, but it was great to be with Brad.

After a morning a trip to the pool on Saturday, we came home and I fed the boys lunch while Brad mowed the yard. Aiden is doing so well in the pool. He goes under water and can kick and blow bubbles. Eli loves the water .... he always has.


You can see Aiden and daddy playing "Launch Aiden to the couch." Aiden was loving it and asking for "more." Aiden tried jump roping in the afternoon. He thought it was pretty neat. Too bad he doesn't know how to jump yet. He decided to wear my shoes around the house on Saturday night.

We went to church on Sunday at Orange Park First Baptist Church again. It was good but we haven't figured how to get there on time and since it's such a big church, I spent 15 min trying to find parking!! Eli decided to help me in the kitchen on Sunday fixing lunch. What a big helper. He takes on the role of garbage disposal!


In the video, you can see Eli and Aiden playing. I can see lots of playing in the future and it makes me smile. I know they will be a handful but right now it's pretty cute. Tonight was bath night and Eli was loving it as usual. You can see he has 2 upper teeth clearly in and a third one has just come in. The fourth one is about to come in I think. Eli had his first day of daycare today. He did fairly well. Ms. Lydia is taking care of him. He didn't take a morning nap and only slept for 75 min for an afternoon nap. I gave her some new strategies to hopefully let Eli get some more rest. I pray that something works. Otherwise, he ate good (not a surprise) and did great.

No comments:

Post a Comment