Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12/22 - The Hoyt grandparents were in town (and we are all sick)

We went down to Daytona Beach on Friday after Gymboree. I was deathly ill and Brad took the boys alone to Gymboree (that's impressive). After the boys had some naps and I had some more recovery time, we took off for Daytona. It was pretty windy out but Aiden really wanted to go down to the beach on Saturday.
Brad tried to take a picture of me and the boys but Eli wanted to throw a fit instead.
Brad played in the sand with the boys while I rested a bit. Brad was also sick but with a cold, not the flu bug I got.
Eli had fun in the sand although he found it very challenging to walk in. He kept falling down and then finally gave up.
My camera died on me so I couldn't take many pictures at the beach. On Sunday, I went to go wake up Eli and Aiden to leave for Jacksonville and found Eli sleeping in a massive amount of vomit. Thankfully, Brad's mom helped clean up the linens and I cleaned up Eli. He was sound asleep and was still so tired. I sat in the back of the van on the way home and was the vomit catcher. I made an appointment to go to urgent care because I was getting more sick and was hacking a lung up. As we got home, Aiden pointed out that his leg was hurt and he couldn't walk. This happened as we were leaving the hotel so I just scooped him up and held him and didn't think anything of it. To make a long story short, I took Aiden to the ER on Sunday night while Brad stayed home with puking Eli. Aiden and I waited a few hours with no help so we kept my 6:40 urgent care appt (in the same place as the ER) and then left because we were tired of waiting for care for him. I booked him an urgent care appointment for the next day.

We went back the next day and he still couldn't walk on it really. The dr ordered x-rays of his knee and they came back okay. She told me to keep an eye on it and bring him back if he's still not putting weight on it.
On Monday late afternoon, Grandma Jo and Grandpa Dave came up from Orlando to stay with us for a few days. Grandma Jo labeled all the present with the first letter of a name so Aiden could pick out the ones with an 'A.' Unfortunately, while he can read 'A's' he still wanted to open everyone elses. He was a great present opener. He even guessed a gift for me was a toothbrush (it was a spatula). That was a pretty good guess.
We also let the boys open presents from Aunt Pat that she sent a few weeks back. They got books (with CD) and stuffed animals.
Grandma and grandpa got Eli a really cool bus toy with balls that he totally loves. You can see in the video how much he likes it. Unfortunately, he has to fight Aiden for it some.

Aiden got some new matchbox firetrucks. He was pretty excited that grandpa wanted to play with him.
Aiden started off our day pretty early today when he got the bug that mommy and Eli had. He was throwing up most of the morning. He took a 3.5 hr nap and was very lethargic all afternoon. He didn't eat or drink anything and was running a fever for the rest of the day. He got sick a few more times tonight too. He feels so horrible but is being so good. He's done a great job resting his leg today because he hasn't moved off the couch or floor much. Eli was being a little booger as usual lately. He's feeling much better and got started back on Zantac a few days ago.
We are supposed to have family portraits done tomorrow but I think we'll be cancelling that appointment. I think we are gonna wait and take Aiden to urgent care in St. Pete for his knee/hip early next week if he's still not walking on it right. I think I am going to have to go to urgent care tomorrow morning because I have pink eye now. I disinfected the house with Lysol tonight and now Brad can't sleep because he can't breathe because of all the Lysol smells. Brad and I are getting better and Eli is all better (although something is still wrong with his balance and general disposition). Please keep us in your prayers. We have a busy next couple of days. My dad retires from 33 yrs as a Firefighter on Christmas Eve and then we are going to my Aunt's house to visit and maybe even see Santa. I can't wait to see more family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment