Sunday, May 1, 2011

5/1 - Around the house

It's been nice to be home for the past few days. The boys have enjoyed just playing around the house and they both currently have big boxes they can play in. Look at little Eli giving me a devilish little grin. I just want to squeeze those little dimple cheeks.
Eli was trying to use my keys to open the bedroom doors so I finally decided I would show the boys how the locks work. You just put a coin in and twist. I would have shown them this months ago if I would have realized they would play with locks for the next hour. It was awesome. Eli needed help some but that didn't keep him from trying.
Aiden could reach it and do it with no problem. I had taped the back of his door knob before because he has locked himself in there on accident before so I keep his taped and a coin taped to the wall in case it happens again.
On Friday night, I gave the boys corn dogs for dinner. Eli hasn't had a full-size one before. I had to cut a little bit of the end off of it so show Eli what was in there. He took a tiny bite and then proceeded to just dip it into the mustard and ketchup and lick it off, not eating any more of the corn dog. 
Aiden did a pretty good job but after I took this picture, he stopped eating the hot dog part and just ate the bread.  

Saturday was Gymboree day. The boys had fun as usual. Aiden got to wear some new (stuff I bought at a consignment sale) clothes and picked out his shirt and "Ms. Stephanie will like my new shirt." It was too funny. Ms. Stephanie is our friend and she also teaches at Gymboree. I let Aiden pick out his own clothes that day. The theme for the last 2 weeks has been firemen stuff. Here they are pretending to climb up a latter. Aiden does it great and Eli usually puts is hands on the ladder part and steps in between the bars. 
After Eli took a nap, we got up and went to the big library. Aiden loves it here. I forgot that it's a great place to take them because I actually got to sit down and look at books while they played in the children's area. Aiden filled up a big box of books while Eli actually looked at some books on the table. Eli usually doesn't care at all about books.
The boys got a tootsie roll piggy bank for Easter and I shown have known to ask the eater bunny for two. I gave the tootsie roll one to Aiden and let Eli have the old, home-made one. I had no idea Eli would like it so much. The boys spent quite a bit of time filling their banks up with change. Aiden can get his out and do it again but Eli would bring his to me and say "apen." That is how he says open although it sounds more like apple than open. He played with that bank for about an hour. 
Today was a pretty good day. The boys were actually playing together on the train table with crying every 5 seconds or screaming. It was beautiful. I gave them lots and lots of praise over that. I had to post this picture of Eli because he's being such a ham for the camera.
This afternoon the boys were having some fun. I was testing out the black and white function on my camera. I like it. There's just something about the classic, simple black and white that I like.
The boys were wrestling today in the kitchen. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I don't want them to always be beating each other up but I want them to learn to play together so I watched and directed the play when it was appropriate. Usually whenever Eli touches Aiden, Aiden cries because he doesn't like to be wrestled with. However, sometimes Aiden starts it and he's a little mean about it and just pushes Eli and doesn't realize that's too much for Eli. Today, Aiden was initiating a take down (is that the right term Brad? :))
I got the entire sequence of the take down for Brad but will spare a few pictures for most of you and just narrate. I think Aiden was playing dirty because he was pulling Eli's shirt to move him. I told him not to pull on Eli's shirt so he listened to me and then started to pull on his pants! I learned I need to be very exact with what I say. Aiden eventually pulled Eli's pants off (that's gotta be cheating) but they were both laughing so I let it go.
The final outcome was pretty cute. I did delete the picture where is looked like Eli was gonna bite Aiden's ear off to give it a feel-good ending! :) These boys are FINALLY starting to play together and it makes my heart so happy!
Tonight Aiden wanted in Eli's crib. I put him in he started jumping like crazy. I put Eli in and they were both going crazy. It was too cute. For the past few nights Aiden has helped me put Eli to bed by giving him a very gentle hug and kiss. It's so precious to watch Aiden's gentleness with him at bedtime.
We are going to have a very busy 2 weeks. It's too busy for me because it doesn't leave anytime to see friends or have fun so it gets lonely and tiring but thankfully 2 weeks isn't that long. My mom pointed out to me that I haven't talked about Aiden's "why" stage. That is this child's favorite question. "Why?" He can ask it three or four times on the same subject. I don't want to be one of those mom's that answers "because" or "because I said so." He's very smart and very curious and he really does just want an answer and wants to understand. I'll start writing down some of the "why" conversations we have so I can include a few in the blog eventually. Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment