Saturday, October 15, 2011

10/15 - Lots of church stuff

This week has gone by pretty fast. The boys are doing well and I've started to get behind on school work again. I have lots of grading to do at the moment. I'm excited to be teaching at UF and I knew it would be a challenging effort but I still think it's worth it. It seems like I get home and after the boys go down, I'm busy doing work until bed time but I love teaching. Brad has been such a huge help by taking the boys to daycare and sometimes picking them up. Without his support, I would never be able to do this. He's also been good about letting me do work at night and respecting that I have work to do although sometimes it's just doing my BSF homework or other bible study work since I don't have time during the day to get that stuff done.

Our church is having a Missions Week and there have been lots of activities planned. We went to the community cookout in OakLeaf (they did cookouts in 3 different areas of west Jacksonville/Orange Park). We brought our grill and Brad was the cook. They had a bounce house for the kids which was a huge hit. I'm not sure how many people were from our church versus just neighbors who came out but it seemed like fun for all. Here are Aiden and Eli with one of the missionaries daughters, Ashton. She was so sweet and helpful to them.
Eli actually usually doesn't like bounce houses but he did go in this one when it was just him and Aiden and 2 other kids. Once everyone else started coming, it was too crazy for him. I was excited he at least went in it a few times.
We had some of the hotdogs that Brad grilled. Aiden wanted just a bun, no hotdog. What a crazy kid. I got him a hotdog anyway and made him take a few bites of it. Eli, never one to waste food, eventually ate Aiden's hotdog too.
The boys got new long sleeve Gator shirts and I put Eli's in his when it was a little chilly this morning. He looks so cute in it (Jess - I have stuff for Liam and it's just been sitting at the house; let me check with Brad about mailing that off).
Today, one of Aiden's friends from church, Maddie, had her 4th birthday party at a local park. We went and the boys had a ton of fun running around.
Eli got in this dinosaur rocking thing but had a very difficult time getting out. I was cracking up. He couldn't have made it more complicated if he tried.
Aiden got to enjoy some new climbing with daddy.
Eli, of course, enjoyed the food and ate his hotdog again.
We were all decked out in our Gator clothes (except Brad).
Kyleigh and Regan came with use to the birthday party and they were so cute.
While trying to convince Aiden to eat his muscle food, Eli decided he would show us his muscles. He's so stinkin' cute.
Aiden got to experience his first pinata today. They all got to pull strings until it opened up. For never having done this or seen this, Aiden was prepared. Look at him standing under the pinata with his bag open. Smart boy!! With a little help from an adult, the pinata opened and the kids quickly went to the ground and after the candy. It was much less chaotic than I imagined. At the end, Aiden wanted to know why everyone else had a whistle and he didn't. Brad tried to tell him that he didn't pick one up off the ground and that's why he didn't have one. He was pretty bummed about it. Eli got ahold of some candy and even tried to eat the plastic that covered it because he was so impatient.
The other night at about 8:00pm, our doorbell rang. I was frustrated and Brad and I ran to the door. Who on earth would be ringing our doorbell at 8pm? We have kids sleeping! Anyway, we were Booed! Someone left a Halloween bag outside our door with goodies in it. We have 2 days to buy stuff and Boo other people in our neighborhood. Once you are booed, you put a sign in your window so that people know. How fun. We can't wait to ring someone else's doorbell and run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment