Monday, March 12, 2012

3/12 - Women's Retreat & Papa in town

My dad was so awesome to stay with the boys while I went off to the Ladies Retreat for church. I felt okay with how Eli was doing and left for the retreat at about 6:15pm on Thursday (it started at 7:30pm) and was about an hour away. I made it right on time. I roomed with Kim (far left in the first picture) and Stephanie (far right) the first night. We went out to dinner after the session ended at 9:15am so it was a pretty long day for me. We didn't back to the hotel until about 11:15pm and I was exhausted after being up so long with Eli's surgery earlier in the day.

The second day we had a session at 10am and then a group of us went out to lunch. It was fun to get hang out with people and not worry about getting back home as soon as possible to stop spending money on a sitter.
We had a great time at the conference and I'm so thankful my dad watched the boys for me. I was keeping updated on how Eli was doing and was trying not to bother my dad too much but wanting to stay updated. We stayed at the Hilton Gardens Inn and it was pretty nice. We got a really yummy breakfast both mornings. On Friday night, I played hooky from my friends/roommates and snuck out to the hot tub for a bit. They all went to dinner and I just had leftovers from lunch the day before, did some Bible study, and then went to bed early. I was so exhausted from such a long day on Thursday that I needed a little extra rest. In case you haven't read my blog in forever, in the picture below is one of the most amazing people and friends ever, Stephanie.
Here is my roommate picture for this year. Our other roommate that joined us is on the far left and her name is Priscilla.
After the conference ended on Saturday, a few of us had lunch and then went to Target to get baby presents. I had a great time and was challenged with my thinking about God. I was also excited to get home and see my boys, especially Eli. I got home in time to make some dinner. We did then baths. Eli was having a blast with putting the wash cloth on his head.
He didn't complain about his ears at all, even when I washed his hair.
Because of the time change on Saturday night, we "slept" in on Sunday and I didn't adjust the boys' clocks until after they were awake to make sure they still slept the same number of hours. We went to sunday school and then second service (we usually go to first). I got to talk to Brad towards the end of sunday school. It was so good to hear his voice but also sad because I knew it was the last time I would hear his voice for a while. The ship was getting ready to set sail and there was lots of noise over the loud speakers on the ship so we decided to end the call. I was sad to hang up. I went and sat in the phew and then just couldn't focus. I ended up getting up and leaving early and getting the boys and going back home. After naps, Papa had some fun playing with the boys. They found Mr. Potato Head and had some fun.
Aiden refused to move over by Papa and Eli for a picture so this is the best I could do.
Aiden played with some random toys. 
Eli actually got some one-on-one instruction with the truck and drill that Aiden got for Christmas. He has seen Aiden do it but I don't think Eli has ever gotten personal instruction on it (Aiden didn't want to share that toy for a while).
The boys had fun playing with Papa and I was trying to do my Bible Study in time for sunday night.
I really enjoyed getting to go to the Ladies Conference and am so thankful the boys got to spend some time with Papa. I was also very excited to get to see Papa and hang out some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment