Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/7 - Fun times before daddy deploys

Now that Aiden has two different therapies to go to, we've had to run him ragged a little and he's had to miss a few naps. This is what happens when I had to wake him from a nap early to take him to an appointment.
We got an iPad last week and I love it. So does Aiden. He loves practicing writing his letters, numbers, and doing puzzles.
There are even apps for Eli to use to color and draw. Who knows, maybe he'll even learn his colors before he is three! :)
On Saturday, we had family pictures in the morning and they went really well. I'm so excited to get them back. After that, we went by Dairy Queen because they had a monster truck there. The boys were so tired that they didn't enjoy it as much as we thought but they still thought it was pretty cool.
On Saturday afternoon, we celebrated Blaise's 2nd birthday at Gymboree. They haven't been there in a while and they had a blast.
It didn't take them long to remember that the ringing of the tambourine meant they had to pay attention and they were going to do an activity. They had a blast running around on the mat with inter tubes under each corner. Eli was falling all over the place (I'm hoping it was usually on purpose).
Daddy had fun wrestling with Eli.
Eli only participated in half the activities but Aiden had fun doing all them. Eli just wanted to hang out and run around with daddy.
Eli did like sitting with me for a little music time. He hadn't been feeling well most of the week but I took him tot he dr on Friday morning and they said his ears were pretty clear so he was ok. (I'll update you on more of that later).
This is a group shot of everyone right before parachute time. I can't believe Stephanie got that many kids to sit and stay on the parachute.
Here is a shot of all the adults sitting on the parachute to help make a giant bubble. The kids loved it.
After lots of playing, it was time for some cupcakes and capri suns. I'm glad Aiden didn't have a choice today about cupcakes or cake (look back to a blog a few weeks ago if you don't know what I'm talking about).
Aiden was trying to be careful not to get his hands or face dirty but that doesn't happen when you have a chocolate cupcake. I was SO SO impressed he wore the hat for a little bit. It was the peer pressure I think.
Eli doesn't conform to peer pressure. He has no hat on! He only ate the icing on the cupcake so Brad was forced to help him out and eat his cupcake. This should have been another sign to us that Eli wasn't doing so well. The kid is an eating machine!
Aiden was really excited for Blaise to open the present we got him. I don't think he gets the whole present thing yet because he wanted to go to Blaise's house so he could play with the present. He cracks me up.
 As cheesy at it sounds, we've just been trying to savor every moment we have as a family.
I got a phone call Monday afternoon that they wanted to move Eli's surgery (to have his ear tube replaced and adnoids out) which was supposed to be on March 21 to this Thursday. We did pre-op yesterday and it took about 4 hrs (which I wasn't planning on). We also found out Eli has a massive ear infection and the dr put him back on Augmentin (he was off of it for just a week between courses) and motrin which he's not really supposed to have before surgery. The dr said it was okay and Eli needed it for pain management and they would be ready to deal with any side effects the motrin will have on his blood clotting during the surgery. I'm thankful for Eli and his relief that the surgery is moved up but it was just bad timing sort of. Brad had to bring Eli home for lunch and a nap and then I took Aiden to speech and occupational therapy. I came home and Brad went back to base to get Eli's medicine because I didn't have the 1.5 hrs it took to wait for the prescription earlier. It was a crazy day. Here are Brad and the boys enjoying some dinner together.
Here is the last picture Brad took with the boys. Our friend from church, Raechel, came over to our house last night at 7:00pm and watched the boys. Brad wanted to put them to bed for a final time but our schedule was so off yesterday. He gave them big hugs and then we took a family picture.
This one turned out much better than we one we took before the last deployment. Eli was being silly and Aiden hasn't figured out that he's supposed to look at the camera when someone is taking a picture. Raechel put them to bed and Brad and I were supposed to go out for ice cream. He took me by the verizon store and we got me the new iPhone4G (which is awesome) and then we got ice cream. We then went home and I watched Brad pack (which is so painful) and then eventually left the room and watched TV because I hate watching him pack. He left at 6:30am and Aiden was even able to give daddy a hug bye because he was awake. I gave Brad a long hug bye and then our neighbor took him to base. It's been an emotional day. I need to go pick Eli up from daycare now. Aiden is staying the night with Ms. Jackie and she will bring him back tomorrow to daycare so I can deal with Eli. My dad is coming in to town tonight because he's going to watch the boys over the weekend while I go to the Ladies Retreat with church. That all hinges on Eli's surgery (which happens at 7:00am tomorrow) to be successful and that he has a fast recovery. Please keep all the of the Hoyt Family in your prayers for the next couple days. Aiden already told me today on the way to bible study that he misses daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment