Monday, March 19, 2012

3/19 - Getting into a routine

I found a few more pictures on my camera from our visit with Papa. I'm just learning (and having the time to do so) how to get all the pictures off of my iPad and iPhone so that I can use them on the blog. I love this second picture of just Papa and Eli. I cropped Aiden out because he didn't want to be in the picture and was trying to run away.
Here are a few more pictures of Aiden and Eli playing outside while Papa was here. Aiden loves this truck our neighbor gave us and Eli is scared to death of it. It makes crazy noises and moves and Eli gets very scared. Aiden does a good job about turning the noise off inside but I let him play with it with the noise on for a little bit the other day.
Here is Eli playing with one of their favorite toys ... the air pump. Go figure. They could play with this thing for an hour and be perfectly happy. 
Aiden wanted to show me the "work jobs" in his classroom the other day. He really likes to do them. They are just little activities but I was surprised to see how many of the activities are things he does (or something similar) in occupational therapy. He loves to do little tasks/jobs.
Eli is such a little snuggle bug after he gets up from sleeping/napping. Here he is cuddling with me and Pouncer after he woke up from his nap the other day.
We went on a play date on Wednesday to the park with a friend from church and her little boy who is 1 day older than Eli. Eli wore his sunglasses the whole way there and back which surprised me.
Although I didn't take a picture of it, there is some new equipment at the playground that Aiden has been wanting to try out. He had fun exploring. We also took some food to feed the ducks. They all had fun feeding the ducks.
The boys have recently built a new train track on the floor. It's been up for about 3 days now and I'll let them keep it for another day or so and then we'll build a new one on the train table.
Eli hasn't been feeling great lately. He's been saying he wants medicine and his ear hurts. He couldn't even lay down to nap on Saturday because his ears hurt so bad. I eventually brought him out in the living room and laid him on me to nap. He did much better on an incline and slept longer than he would have if he was in his room.
At 3:00 on Saturday we had a birthday party to go to. Aiden enjoyed the bounce house which made me excited. He normally won't go in them if there is more than 2 kids because he doesn't like getting bounced around. 
Eli was pretty clingy and pouty at first. I thought I might have to leave with him and come get Aiden later. Thankfully after some food (and the motrin starting to work), he cheered up. He wanted nothing to do with the bounce house. He did find some balloons to play with inside though and he really enjoyed that.
I finally tried taking Eli in the bounce house myself. I'm back there in white shorts, green shirt and am holding Eli. He still wanted nothing to do with being in the bounce house. Aiden thought it was fun though to have mommy inside.
Aiden wore himself out in the bounce house and eventually came inside. He saw the other kids playing with the balloons and started batting them up in the air for a bit like the other kids. However, he then thought it would be best to go collect the balloons on line them up on the back of the couch. Aiden is too funny and cracks me up.
After lots of bouncing, balloon playing, and cake, it was time for the piƱata. Aiden was one of the last kids to go and surprise ... he pulled the string that opened the bottom of it.
As you can see, all the other kids rush in to get the candy. Aiden gets mobbed a bit and starts crying. Look at his sad little face in this picture.
Too precious!! He was so upset that he didn't get very much candy. Thankfully, Maddie, one of his friends, came over and gave him a handful of candy for his bag. It was too funny. He knew he had to get the candy off the ground but the overwhelming amount of kids just threw him off I think.
Eli wondered over and eventually found himself a lollipop. He was very content with just that.
The boys played inside for a bit longer and then it was time to go.
This last picture is from sunday night at church. Aiden got to go to big people church because AWANA was cancelled so everyone could attend the ordination of Harold (Stephanie's husband). He loved singing with us. He then played with the iPad for the next hour while the service went on. He did pretty well.
I had some horrible migraines last week so I'm trying to catch up on school work that didn't get done because I couldn't read because it hurt my head so much. The boys are in daycare today and I'm grading, doing tons of laundry, and hopefully a few errands before I pick them up (including getting a workout). I didn't get to workout last week because it hurt to move from my migraines so a workout was definitely out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment