Monday, June 1, 2009

6/1 - Almost 1

The picture below was taken at the mall on Friday when we went to the Apple Store. The store didn't open until 10:30 so we played on the playground for a bit. Aiden was by far the youngest but had lots of fun watching the big kids play. 

I can't believe this time last year I was in the hospital trying to get one last night of sleep before Aiden joined us. At 2am my doctor came in and broke my water and then things took off. In some aspects it seems like it hasn't been a year. In others, it seems Aiden should be 5!! Things really did go by fast. The first three months were slow and horrible but after that, things seem to just be a blur. I went to the hospital today to visit a friend who had a baby this morning (a scheduled c-section with my doctor ... that should be SO much easier and less stressful). The newborn diapers were sitting on the baby cart and I couldn't believe how small they were. It was even crazier to think those diapers were falling off Aiden who was so tiny (5lbs 12oz by the time we left the hospital). Aiden had fun today. The picture below is Aiden trying to crawl into the baby cart at the hospital. We are preparing for a little birthday
 party for Aiden and Arin on Saturday. I am going to bake Aiden his own cake!!

When we came home from the hospital, Aiden played in his box while I got dinner ready. 


After dinner, Aiden got his bath and then he played in his room while I got his stuff ready for daycare tomorrow. He really likes daycare and I think we are going to try and keep him it for a bit after the new baby is born even though I won't be working. It's great socialization for him and he has fun. Michel is great with him and hopefully he'll stay a good 'baby' as he turns into a toddler.
The video below is from tonight. Aiden got 2 birthday packages today but I didn't want to open anything until tomorrow. Even then, I only want him to open one or two presents and wait for the rest until Brad is home with us. I did finally open the boxes and he played with the presents inside for a bit. He'll have fun opening 2 tomorrow. Saturday should be lots of fun for him. 
After Aiden went to bed I went downstairs and turned his seat around in the van!! I'm so excited. I hope he likes facing forward and it makes car riding more enjoyable for him. I'll keep you updated on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment