Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2/2 - Eli's ears & Papa comes

Eli has had a rough weekend with lots of crying which is why there aren't too many pictures of him right now. He's been throwing himself around and throwing tantrums that are worthy of an oscar. I took him to the dr last Thur and she said his ears looked okay so I've just been really frustrated with him.
On Monday, I met my friend Stephanie at the Museum of Science and History. It was our first time there and Aiden very much enjoyed it. He's a sponge and loves learning. I left Eli at daycare because he's been so unhappy lately that I didn't want him to ruin our time.
They had a really neat play area (we are in the tree house in the first picture) and a water table with all sorts of toys too. It was pretty neat.
After a while inside, we went outside and found a spot on the river to have a picnic. It was a beautiful day and we sat by the river. We were also blessed with an awesome phone call about scheduling Eli's ear tube surgery for next week and train that came over a bridge pretty close to us.
Aiden had a blast at the museum and the picnic outside was perfect. Being a bad mommy, I completely didn't have a drink for Eli so he got *gasp* a sip of my soda and LOVED it as you can see.
Eli has had more trouble with his ears so on Tuesday morning I took him to the doctor. She said his ears looked pretty bad and gave him some antibiotics. She's very glad they are going to be doing the surgery soon. She actually works up on the pediatric floor the day the surgery is going to happen so she's going to try and stop by. Also on Tuesday, papa come to join us in the late afternoon. When I came home from daycare with the boys, he was there. It was great to see him again.
Today Aiden stayed home while Eli went to daycare. I went to bible study in the morning and my dad watched Aiden. They had a blast and played lots of trains. They then went on a search outside for a loose cat that Aiden said was "my cat." My dad wasn't sure (and it does look like Twix) so they went searching. Twix is safe at home and stray cat got a laugh watching them look for it. I did some work after Aiden woke up from his nap and the boys continued to play. Aiden got a treat to play Candyland with papa. We then went to the library and got new books and then picked up Eli and went to dinner.
We went to Chik-fil-a tonight for dinner. We let the boys play for a bit at first. There were lots of big kids in there making lots of noise and going up the slide. I said a few things to them and some of them left because they didn't like me telling them no yelling and to go down the slide. It amazes me that parents let their big kids go in there and go crazy when the sign clearly says ages 3 and under. I don't have a problem with older kids in there if they behave but goodness, that's not what happens usually.
The boys are really enjoying papa visiting and I think he's having fun too.
Dinner was yummy as always. For some reason I was completely stuffed halfway through my dinner so I didn't finish it but those leftovers will be delicious tomorrow.
Eli actually wasn't that hungry. He hasn't been eating as much lately since his ears are bothering him so much. He loved having a real cup and straw to drink out of since he drank all his milk.
Tomorrow Eli goes to the doctor for his pre-op stuff (I'm not sure exactly what that entails but they said I needed to plan to be there for 2-3 hours). I'm praying it all goes well and we are still on schedule for surgery next Thur on his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment