Thursday, March 31, 2011

3/31 - Lots of playdates

On Friday, we went over to our friend Stephanie's house for a late afternoon playdate. The boys had tons of fun and so did I. I was pretty excited because Aiden has never really like Bounce Houses. He was a little nervous to go in but eventually did and had a great time. He's actually in mid-air in this first picture.
Eli wanted nothing to do with the bounce house but he loved to play with toys that aren't his and he's never played with before.
We made some homemade pizza (which Aiden wouldn't touch) and let the kids run around.
Aiden found a microphone and was having fun with it. This last picture of the gathering is of Aiden and Kyleigh. 
Eli had fun rolling around around with Bronco on Saturday morning before Gymboree. Bronco is getting better with Eli but I still have to watch them closely.
After naps, I decided to take the boys to the playground in Phase II of the community we live in. To do that, we had to drive which explains why they have never been there. We found out once we got there that it was a community day and there was tons of stuff going on. There was almost too much going on but we had fun at the playground.

Eli got to wear his new crocs and I thought they looked pretty spiffy.
I even asked someone to take a picture with me and the boys. I'm not so sure why Aiden is gripping on to my shirt so tightly. It's not like I've ever dropped him on purpose. Just kidding - I haven't dropped him.
On Sunday, we did our usual Sunday routine. In the evening, Aiden got a big treat. He's always been obsessed with school buses and has wanted to go on one. We left a few minutes early from church and there were no kids on the bus and Aiden was pointing at it when we came out of the building. When the woman heard him, she invited him to stand on the bus. He was very excited. He really wanted to sit down on a seat but the lady didn't invite him to do that. Maybe next time!
I told Eli I wanted to "take a picture for daddy - smile" and this is what he did. What a little ham!
On Monday, the boys had dr appointments. Eli didn't have an ear infection and he's growing okay for being 18 months. He isn't saying anything really so the dr put in a referral for a speech assessment but I'm not too worried. He's trying. Aiden had his pre-op and the doctor said he was wheezing some. She prescribed him oral steroids and Flovent (to prevent future asthma problems). Aiden wanted nothing to do with a nap. He was up playing for over an hour after I put him down. I finally got him and told him to come lay with mommy. He fell asleep within 10 minutes. 

I had to wake Aiden up so that we could go to a playdate. It was raining some so we went inside the gym at church and brought bikes with us. The kids played and ran around for a few hours. Eli was borrowing the little mermaid bike from a friend. I apparently need to get another big wheel type bike. Aiden is doing a great job of using the pedals. He just started doing that this week and it's so fun to watch him master a skill. 
After bath time, Eli wanted to sit on the potty for a bit. I'm very serious about Eli possibly learning to potty train before Aiden.
Bedtime came around on Monday night and my little man Aiden wanted NOTHING to do with sleep. I put him to bed and he was back out in the living room after about 20 minutes. He's never done that before. He put his winter hat on because it was raining outside and then colored for about an hour. I told him no trains and that he had to be very quite. He was quite as a mouse and just wanted to color pictures for daddy and put stickers on papers. I finally told him he had to lay down in bed with me because I was exhausted (it was 10:30pm). He fell asleep after a short bit and then I moved him to his bed around 12:30am. He has never done this before!
The boys went to the dentist on Wednesday. This was Aiden's 4th time and Eli's 2nd time. They did pretty well. Eli had fun playing with the controllers at the video center and Aiden loves coloring the pictures.
Aiden did great at his appointment and actually let them clean 4-6 teeth with their little round brush and special toothpaste. They finished brushing the rest of his teeth with a real toothbrush. Eli wasn't so excited about his appointment and since I was holding down to the seat while he was crying, I didn't get any pictures. Brad and I need to decide if we are going to do surgery now or later on Eli to fix a slight problem he has. You can see Aiden sporting the orange sunglasses they gave him to wear and holding the little mirror thing that he gave to the dentist.
 
After the dentist appointments, I dropped Eli off at daycare and took Aiden to the Museum of Science and History. We met up with some other friends from church and had a good time. You can see Aiden, Kyleigh, and Maddie posing for a picture.
Aiden likes playing with some of the exhibits. In one of them, you have to pump a lever up and down to tighten the coil which then releases its' pressure and the softball goes flying up. I made Aiden skip his nap and it worked out great be he went to bed at his normal bedtime (7:15pm).
The boys were at daycare today while I did work. It was bath night and they also got some new jammies and are sporting them in this last picture. They got haircuts last night too. I love being able to cut their hair! The boys are doing well and growing so fast. We are praying Aiden's cough and wheezing continue to get better. He's scheduled for surgery on Tuesday and we won't know until then (at 6am) if they will do it because they have to listen to his lungs first. Please keep him in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment