Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/13 - Eli sick

So, it would be non-normal for us not to have something dramatic happen during the week. Although Aiden is recovering relatively well from his surgery, Eli was down in the dumps on Thursday. He literally fell asleep in the car at 9:30am (that hasn't happened since he was just a few months old) and then got home and fell asleep on the floor at 10:00am. I let him sleep for a little over an hour. It was so cute that Bronco came and laid next to Eli to protect him. I got up and started to do chores when I realized I didn't need to play with him. I went away for a few hours and came back to a baby who was sleeping.

Ms. Jen (our neighbor) watched Eli. She tried to take him to the swings and he didn't even smile. That is shocking. He slept in the afternoon and finally woke up at 3:00pm. He just sat in my arms for 1 hr until we left to get Aiden. He didn't really feel like eating and was starting to breathe pretty fast. By the time we picked up Aiden, he was breathing about 55 respirations per minute and I called the nurse line to see if I should be considered. The nurse line told me to bring him in the ER right away. I brought Aiden home and Keah (our neighbor's daughter) watched Aiden and put him to bed. To make a long story short, we were at the ER for hours but they did fast track Eli since he wasn't doing so well. By the time we got there, I had already done 2 albuteral treatments. His lungs finally calmed down and they chalked it up to an asthma attack and some type of weird virus (he had a fever all day too and was extremely lethargic).
Aiden has been feeling pretty good. He's had some problems with his left ear. I bought him some rainboots that I found on sale last week. I had been looking at them for a while and finally found some on sale. They are like firefighter boots.
 
We had a playdate with Sue on Saturday. Sue is an old-time friend (10 yrs now) and she has 3 boys (twin 7 yr old and a 4.5-5 yr old). We've been trying to get together for a while and it finally worked out. We went over to her house and my boys had a blast. Her boys were building forts and Aiden thought that was pretty neat. We ended up eating some dinner over there and they had fun doing that.
Eli loved to play with Carter, her youngest. He was wrestling with Eli and Eli was loving every second on it.
Aiden started to feel left out a little so he started to wrestle with Eli too. They both had fun. It was the first time I have seen Aiden not mind Eli sitting on him or pushing him over. Eli doesn't mind because they were wrestling and everything is fair in wrestling for Eli.
I am still battling Aiden with naps and getting to bed on-time. If he takes a nap, he's up way past his bedtime. If he doesn't nap, he's generally better about going to bed on-time (7:15ish). He took no nap on Sunday and fell asleep in the van on the way to AWANA.
On Monday, Eli had a hearing test which showed his hearing has already improved since his surgery. That's great news. We had almost 3 hrs between appointments so we went to the NEX to buy Eli a new outfit since he threw up all over himself on the way to the dr. We also went to a playground on base. The boys played for a bit (it was hot) and then decided to collect pine cones to send daddy. Aiden has such a big heart. Eli also saw his primary care physician and she prescribed him Flovent to help prevent more breathing problems. She looked in Aiden's ear too and saw that his left ear was partially blocked with blood so we are treating that too.
After bible study this morning, we just hung around the house this afternoon. I was pooped and needed 45 min of alone time. I put Aiden in his room and told him he had to be very quite and stay in his room until his bunny woke up. I knew he wasn't going to sleep. He played and colored and cut up stickers and paper for 1.5 hrs. He's such a good boy. I made some phone calls and relaxed for a bit and he never tried to come out and didn't make much noise. I let the boys watch the Cars 2 preview. They've been having fun on the sofa couch for the past 2 days. Aiden wanted to pull it out so he could make a fort like he did at Sue's house.
I started to get a migraine and didn't want to have to think about dinner. I took the boys to Chick-fil-a. I was trying to save a little money and decided to just get the meal with lots of chicken nuggets and we could all share. I brought milk for the boys and some fruit. It worked out perfect. They got to play for a bit. Aiden decided to put some mickey mouse cheese on his chicken nugget. I struggle so much to get him to eat so I told him he had to eat 2 "muscle foods" which is cheese or chicken so he just combined them. He didn't like it because he took one bite and then ate them separately.
It's been a good couple of days now that the boys are healthy. Brad pulled in to port yesterday and I got to Skype with him. That was AWESOME. We have a skype date tomorrow morning so the boys can see him too and talk to him. It was SO SO SO great to "see" his handsome face on the computer. Also, in 2 days, we have reached the half-way point of Brad's deployment! This last picture is another one of my new shirts and fun necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment