Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4/19 - Bounce House (from last week)

On Thursday of last week, I met one other military spouse from HS-11 at JumpZone, a local bounce house place. Aiden has started to show more interest in bounce houses (at least at Stephanie's house) and Eli has shown absolutely no interest, and in fact, normally cries if I try and make him go in. Needless to say, I wasn't sure how this would go.
They had a little kid play area which was good. It got the boys into play mode and they went back there a few times.
Eli did NOT want to go on any bouncy thing at all to begin with. He would cry if I put him down. Once he saw Aiden enjoying himself and saw that is fun, not a punishment, he started to like it. He's still unbalanced so walking on the bounces houses was difficult for him.
They had a Lightening McQueen bounce house and that is where we spent quite a bit of time. Aiden could go up the steps by himself and did a great job in this house. An hour into our experience, Eli was also climbing up these steps by himself which really surprised me.
Aiden didn't really want to sit still long enough for me to take a picture of them.
They also had a Spongebob house that was pretty easy for toddlers. Aiden started getting in to that one by climbing over the structure in the middle. I was very thankful I was allowed to go in these houses with the boys. I wasn't allowed to jump or go down slides but I don't think either of them would have done anything if I couldn't have gone in to show them what to do and that it was fun. 
Here is a picture of the boys and I.
While Eli didn't mind going in to some of the bounce houses, he found other things to keep him busy. As you can see, the water fountain was a hit.
They had this REALLY tall structure that was supposed to be a ladder in a firetruck. It was the tallest/biggest one there. We saw something very similar at the squadron childrens christmas party this year and I had to walk Aiden up to the top and then go down with him. This structure was built a little more solid so there wasn't as much swaying and instability in the steps on the way up. Aiden climbed it himself and went down the slide quite a few times. It was so tall that Eli didn't even really like being at the bottom to wait for Aiden. 
The boys got to spend some serious energy (as did I). I was sweating running around trying to keep track of both of them. They also had fun in the video game area. I love that they have no idea you are actually supposed to put money in these things and "play" them yet.
Overall, the boys had a great time. It was the perfect size place with just enough different bounce houses to get them used to it. I hear there are a few more bounce houses in the area. We'll have to investigate them a little more. I'm already of thinking of when we can plan another trip to a bounce house place. I told Aiden that when daddy comes home he can bring him here and they can a date together. Aiden was pretty excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment