Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/25 - Coloring eggs & Easter

So I have some catching up to do and I'm going to date these according to approximately when they happened. On Saturday afternoon, Crystal came over to color easter eggs with us. I was just getting ready to re-plant our baby plants into bigger containers. We also planted basil. I have to keep them in my bathroom window so the cats don't eat them.
Crystal tried out the new camera and took some pictures of me playing around with the boys. I was playing with Eli and he was laughing and having such a good time that Aiden wanted me to do it to him to. I normally hold them by the thighs and balance them around for a bit. Aiden got nervous though and was holding on to my shirt.
I have never boiled eggs before so with the help of Crystal's egg timer, we boiled them. Aiden was very excited to color eggs. I have never done it without my mom so it was a new experience for me too.
Aiden was pretty patient and understood that the eggs had to stay in the cups for a while. We added some vinegar to make the colors extra bold. We had tried to use whisks to make it less messy but only certain whisks work because the color solution only goes so high. Also, you still have to get the egg out of the whisk. I think it would be great if we were doing multiple colors or tie-dying eggs though. Eli played with a cool whisk for a while and then didn't care about the eggs.
Eli got some attention from Crystal which he loved. He's a really lovable kid in generally but he gives extra loves to a handful of special people.
Aiden had lots of fun putting stickers and drawing on eggs with Crystal.
The easter bunny came and left some eggs in the living room on sunday morning. Aiden got about 14-16 and Eli got 2. Haha.  
They got a travel Thomas the train track and a small train. We set that up and they enjoyed it. We will be traveling alot over the next couple months so I figure it will come in good use.
Some of the eggs that were hidden had candy in them. They were sixlets. Eli bit through the first package and tried to eat them. Needless to say, after the eggs were opened, I quickly had to remove the candy so Eli wouldn't eat it all.
Thankfully church started later than normal on Sunday so we could enjoy a bit more of the morning together. I got the boys ready in their new easter outfits. They were so handsome. 
I thought things were going great until it was time to get in the van. Suddenly, my little men had a complete breakdown. I could already tell that Aiden wasn't near as excited about his outfit as I was. The wrists were too, he didn't want his shirt tucked in and he didn't want the top button on his shirt to be done so he could wear the tie. I tried to spare them as much as possible by waiting for the ties until we got to church.
We eventually made it to church and I got the boys ready. Watch the progression of pictures with Aiden and his clothes. I wish I had someone else to take pictures but I did the best I could.
Aiden hugging Eli is absolutely precious. I love it.
I did get a group shot of us (look at what's in Aiden's hand) by putting the camera on auto-timer on the floor of the van.
Eli was really tired and a little grumpy when I dropped him off. The majority of the kids in Aiden's 2-yr old class were moved to the 3-yr old this week so Aiden was taken back by all the new kids (visitors) and not starting out in his "normal" room. Many times one of the workers lets him go in to the playroom for a few minutes because since he's used to going there, if they meet in the sunday school room first (across the hall from each; about 3-4 steps), Aiden kinda freaks out since he's a creature of habit. Church service was great. There was an hour of worship (I love that part) and then a 45 min message. I did check on Aiden after about 5-10 minutes and they said food calmed him down. 
As we were leaving the nursery, a friend offered to take the picture with the colorful background (that's in nursery/2-yr old area). Aiden is a complete mess. Shirt untucked, tie gone, multiple buttons undone. I started laughing when I saw him. Someone else in the hall offered to take a family picture to make sure Brad had a picture. He's the downfall. In all these pictures, I'm bending down and you can't see the awesome dress I am wearing (and color coordinated with the boys). My friend Stephanie had a great dress.
We came home after church and ate some lunch. Eli napped and Aiden played and I got ready to go on our trip to St. Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment