Friday, April 22, 2011

4/22 - Sue's Easter Egg Hunt

This morning the boys were playing pretty well together. Aiden wanted to play with play-doh and Eli was just wondering around playing with whatever.
Eli was having a good time playing with trains but I got frustrated that he was taking my really cool and new train track apart. He was trying to put some of the pieces together but he's not that coordinated yet.
I let Eli try to play with play-doh. He was doing good and I was impressed ... until he finally put it in his mouth. I was really exhausted this morning so I eventually made them put the play-doh away and we went to the living room. I let them dismantle my house and watch tv while I laid there and closed my eyes.
I took Eli to daycare and Aiden and I headed to Sue's house and the epic Easter Hunt I heard about. The Halloween Party lived up to they hype so I was excited for this party as well. I'm not sure about an exact count, but there had to be about 40-50 kids plus all the grown-ups. Sue lives in a perfect location for such a large affair and she has the personality to pull off such a huge task of these monster parties (I would be filled with anxiety of entertaining, have enough food, and the mess that everything makes). Sue is in the far right, white shirt, pink short, and bending down talking to the kids. Aiden did not want to sit down and was a little taken back by all the kids.
Once Sue said "go," Aiden wasn't sure what he was supposed to go do. It was kinda funny. I guess I should have practiced with him at home. He got the idea after getting 3 or 4 eggs. There were hundreds of eggs in a football size field and around 6-7 houses on the block. It was great. We just stayed in one little area because by the time he finally caught on, most of the eggs were gone. Next year he is gonna exactly what to do!
He would spot one under a bush and tell me it was stuck and I needed to get it. It was too funny. I would move it a little closer to him made him still bend down and get it.
Once we got about a dozen eggs, we went to sit on our blanket and open them up. He really got excited about that. He got a few papers which meant he could go pick out his own prize at the prize table. His first egg he got a silly bracelet (the ones that are shapes). He got some candy, tattoos and stickers too.
I love this picture that I took of Aiden and I. I love that my camera has a screen that turns around so we can see us in it. That bad thing is that it makes you want to look at the screen (like Aiden) rather than in the actual lens.
Aiden got a candy bracelet in one of his eggs. He has never seen that before. It took him a while before he could figure out how to bite on it. I tried to show him and tell him to use his back teeth but it took him a while.
He eventually got the hang of it and ate the whole thing. He had red all over his mouth. He was so proud of himself as he handed me the little string. He drooled red all over his shirt and shorts.
He had some pizza (well, a bite of crust since he won't eat pizza), fruit, and juice and then we resumed playing again. Sue has 2 playsets in her back yard as well as a giant sand mound. Aiden just bounced around for a while playing with everything.
He even got to go on the teeter-totter with Johnny (my friend Heather's son).
At about 1:30, it was time for everyone to leave. We hung around at Sue's for a while and Aiden played inside (he LOVES her house) while I helped clean up. Sue's three boys and a friend decided to play Wii and Aiden wanted to watch. He had so much fun watching.
We came home around 4:30 and I started making dinner. I was exhausted. I wasn't sure how I was going to have enough energy to make dinner. The kids argued because they were both tired and I got pretty short with them because I was so tired. Aiden wanted me to take a picture of him making a "funny face." I think he learned this a daycare.
I felt compelled to take a picture of Eli since I took pictures of Aiden all day. As you can see on his fingers, he was enjoyed the ranch dip he was supposed to be using for his carrots. Eli is kind of bipolar. When he's happy (like below), he is really happy. But when you make him mad, the world is going to end for him and he throws an oscar-worthy tantrum.
It was a good day although I'm so completely worn out. I'm going to bed early tonight. We have Gymboree tomorrow morning and then are leaving on Sunday to visit my mom and dad. I'll post our visit with nana and papa in the middle of next week. Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment