Thursday, April 21, 2011

4/21 - A playdate & Peeps

We got to have a playdate dinner with our friends earlier this week. We went to the local park which has tons of ducks and had our old bread and dinner ready to go. Eli was showing me the ducks in the first picture.
The boys played on the equipment first. Eli was being a stinkerpot and not wanting to let Aiden up the steps. I can't blame him because that is something Aiden does to Eli all the time on the playground at home. The difference is Aiden listens to me and eventually moves ... Eli doesn't.
I'm not sure why Eli was doing this but he'd want to go down the slide and then hang on the side of the slide and go down little by little. He thought it was funny and then realized it was work and would get whiny. 
It wasn't long before the kids needed to eat. Below is Stephanie holding Blaise while I sneak away and take a picture. I must give a shout-out to Stephanie. She has become such an incredible friend who speaks such truth and wisdom. It's so refreshing and I'm so thankful God has given me her as a friend.
Aiden didn't like the peanut butter and jelly I brought for him so he had lots of fruit. He is getting to be such a picky eater. Eli was loving the cantaloupe too. Aiden has his mouth full but that's not slowing him down from grabbing his next bite. I can what dinner is going to be like in the future with the boys if they both like the same thing. Every boy/man for himself!!
Aiden really likes playing Regan and Kyleigh. His left ear has continued to bother him and I finally got in touch with the doctor today. He wants me to start putting Afrin drops in again. Aiden does not like drops of any kind in his ears.
Now that dinner was over, the kids wanted to feed the ducks. I did my own little SuperSize experiment and was kinda grossed out by it. I bought a loaf of white bread from Publix about 2.5 weeks ago. I was shocked to find that it had not really even molded yet. It smelt a little moldy but there was no visible mold on it. I do not buy white bread normally but I feel like my wheat bread goes bad much faster than 2.5 weeks!
Eli still thought it was dinner time and sometimes tried to eat the bread. Aiden did great. He just wanted to take a piece of bread and go do it on his own. I still had to watch Eli some. He wanted to just throw the hole piece out there sometimes.
We were treated with spotting a group of ducklings. They were tiny and there was about 10 of them. They were adorable. Aiden and Kyleigh had so much fun watching the babies and the mommy. They tried to feed the babies bread but they were not so interested at the beginning.
Aiden loves corn on the cob and we haven't had it in ages. I bought some the other day and I made it the other night for him. He loved it. Eli had never had it. I tried to show him how to eat it. He started to get the hang of it but was getting frustrated so I finally cut it off for him.
The boys also got a box of goodies from Grandma Jo and Grandpa Dave. I bribed Aiden the other day for him to take a nap and then he could open one. He opened the blue package and it was purple peeps. I just about passed out. He has no idea what they are so I told him they are candy. He then said he wanted one. I opened the package and gave him one in a bowl and put him up to the table. He started off by licking it. I told him he was supposed to take a bit of it. He finally tried a little bite and then said it was "too messy" and didn't want it. I was kinda happy that he didn't want all that sugar even though it was just because it was making him dirty.
Aiden wiping off his hands since the sugar made them "dirty" and "messy." He cracks me up.
While I was helping Aiden get his Peeps out, Eli got in the box and found a present for him. That wasn't planned but at least he did pick one that had his name on it. Aiden wanted to read the book to Eli. It was too sweet.
Aiden was playing tug-of-war with Bronco the other night. They were having a blast and Bronco was pulling Aiden pretty hard. It was a great workout for both!
Below is Eli and his favorite blanket. I'm so mad I cannot find another one. He loves sucking on the tag. While he has other blankets, he is really attached to this one. 
Just for fun, I found an old picture of the boys. I wanted to see how similar they look at about the same age. Beside Aiden having a hair cut that looks like the barber put a bowl on his head, I can see some similarities. 
Finally, this last pictures is kind of blurry but it's for Brad. You can't tell the detail on the shirt but It got some layers of different material on it. I also had on my black chunky necklace.

I wanted to post these now because tomorrow Aiden and I will be going to a fun Easter Egg Hunt party. I will hopefully post pictures from that before Sunday. We are going to be traveling to see Nana and Papa soon which we are excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment