Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15 - The Pumpkin Patch

Here are the pictures from last week when I went to the Pumpkin Patch with Aiden's Preschool. The first stop was of course the potty! Aiden is on the far right in a dark blue and red track suit. It's so funny to see him at daycare because he walks with his hands behind his back all the time which is a rule there I think.
Once they all went potty, we went over and the kids played in a giant sandbox while we waited for the grown-ups to order their lunch. The line was taking forever and we ended up being here quite a while. Aiden didn't want to play in the sand so he sat on a swing and played with my phone for a while. 
The first thing the kids did was go on the Tractor Train Ride. I'm shocked we fit all the kids in there but we did. They had fun doing a giant circle. As you can see in the background, there were quite a few big bounce houses available too.
We stopped to take a few pictures after the train ride. The kids really just wanted to go run and go to the bounce houses but this place was pretty big and we would definitely have some lost kids if we did that. As the time passed, it got much, much busier with lots of schools brining kids. I had fun with Aiden getting to see him interact with his friends.
There were 20 kids who went from the 4-yr old classes. I drove and had 4 kids and 1 other adult for the 45 min trip. The one little boy didn't stop talking ... at all. I even put Bob the Builder in the DVD player. Aiden told him to be quite a few times and even asked if he wanted to watch the DVD. It was pretty funny.
I wasn't sure if Aiden would actually get up on a horse but he was very excited about it. He got right on up there and loved riding around.
He had such a cute look on his face; it was like he was enjoying it so much and he wasn't sure he was supposed to. It was too cute.
We then went to the petty zoo part. Aiden said he didn't want to feed any animals but I bought a cup of seed and told him just to hold his hand flat and the animals wouldn't bite him (which is what he was worried about). He was scared to do it but after 1-2 times, he got more relaxed about it and then started picking out the animals he wanted to feed and asking them if they were hungry. Too precious.
 
We finally got to go to the bounce houses! Aiden was pretty excited. Here he is getting ready to go down the big slide. It was pretty steep and I was a little nervous for him.
He had a slightly panicked look on his face but went down the slide a couple times.
He then wanted to go in the tiger bounce house. It was a very steep climb up and mid-way through, you loose sight of the person. I didn't like not being able to see Aiden because sometimes there were extremely long pauses and no one was coming down and you couldn't tell what was going on. You can't see the kids coming down either until the last half of the steep slide.
I snapped a few pictures because I was interested to see if Aiden would be terrified or if he enjoyed it. I think he actually liked it!!
It was finally lunch time. The standard lunch the kids were served was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich pocket, chips, fruit roll-up, and juice. Needless to say, Aiden had yogurt and tried a fruit roll-up for the first time. Of course he liked it since it's all sugar but it was good therapy for him to have to tear the roll-up apart into bite size pieces.
After lunch it was pumpkin patch time. We got to go pick our own pumpkins. Unfortunately, the other child I had (all the grown ups had 2 children to watch) was scared to death of the pumpkin patch. He kept thinking things were crawling on him and was screaming. Needless to say, we were not able to explore much. Aiden ended up needing to pee while I was trying to deal with a screaming kid and we had taken a tractor hayride to get out to the pumpkin patch. I just yelled at Aiden to pull his pants down and pee and thankfully that's all he had to do.
We finally picked out pumpkins and were just waiting on the tractor to come back and pick us up. One of the little boys was playing around and took his pumpkin and "crashed" it on mine and he broke my stem off!! I didn't care at that point. I didn't have enough time to go find another nice bigger pumpkin but I ended up trading it out for one of the pumpkins sitting by the hay bails and such back at the main area. I'm not real sure that was legal but .. that's what happened. Here is a cute picture of Aiden with his pumpkin.
It was a great day although I was completely exhausted by the time we got home. I dropped Aiden back off at daycare and went home for a bit to take a nap. After a nice nap, I went back and got him. We had a great time and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment