Saturday, August 15, 2009

8/15 - Aiden having fun with grandma

It's been a crazy past couple days. I haven't really been doing the whole bed rest thing and it got the better of me. I left work early on Thursday because I'd been having tightness and contractions for about 20 hours. I went to the hospital and they gave me lots of drugs and shots of the anti-contraction medication. After begging my doctor and promising I would do bed rest, she let me go home with the warning that the next time I had to come to the hospital I was staying. I started dilating and need to stay off my feet at this point .... at least for now.
The picture above was taken earlier in the week when grandma and Aiden were playing on the deck. We let him go naked because his yeast infection came back and nakedness is some of the best treatment. The pictures below are Aiden climbing on the cat gym. He's figured out he can climb onto the second level and has been exploring that the past few days.


This bed rest thing has been really hard to do. We came up with a plan on Thursday night and tried it on Friday. Basically, my mom watches after Aiden every second of the day if Brad isn't here. If I do it then I end up getting up and such since Aiden doesn't just sit still. Thankfully Brad came home early on Friday. My mom was exhausted after chasing Aiden around!!
I am taking this weekend very easy and pretty much staying reclined the whole time. It's worked so far because I've only had 2 contractions today so far (yesterday was a lot more). We are trying to calm my body down and then hopefully I can at least starting sitting up and taking it easy around the house. It's so hard to sit around and watch everyone but me care for Aiden. God is teaching us a lesson right. I'm not sure what it is besides the fact that I can't always be in control but we are keeping the faith that everything will work out. The video below was taken today on the deck while grandma and Aiden were playing. Aiden is having lots of fun with grandma and she's been such a huge help. I'm hoping he doesn't forget who I am. We'll see. Our goal is to get through the weekend without me going back to the hospital and finding a situation that works for all of us and still allows me to listen to the doctor. We just ordered a new crib and dresser and now just need some free time to clear out some of the garage so we can move books out of the office. Lots of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment