Monday, August 3, 2009

8/3 - Back in MD

Aiden and I made it home safely after and uneventful for the most part. We sat on the tarmac for 40 min before we took off because the winds suddenly changed directions and they had to re-route everyone for a different runway. Aiden only slept for about 50 min of the 5 hr flight (15 min of that was while we were sitting on the tarmac). Even though he was awake for most of the flight, he did great. I'm very glad he had his own seat though. I couldn't imagine that much time wrestling around on my lap!!
Aiden didn't go to bed last night until 11:00pm east coast time. We had a pretty good day considering I planned on today being devoted to getting Aiden back on schedule. We did one nap and pushed up the time between nap and bedtime. He didn't nap very well today so I'm hoping for a good night sleep tonight. Letting him cry it out is hard to do in a hotel (other people staying in rooms close to us probably don't enjoy a screaming baby) so he's gotten a little spoiled to us coming to his cry so today was a little rough on him because he's had to cry it out a bit. In the picture above, you can see that Aiden let me put on his monkey backpack/harness. I will be using this more because he's starting to want to walk everywhere. This would have been helpful in the airport but he wasn't used to it yet. He liked it so much today that after I took it off him, he was dragging it around everywhere.
The picture above was taken right before I put him in his PJ's. I was getting his food ready for tomorrow and he came in and layed on the carpet and put his head down on his blankie and backpack. He's too cute!!

Take a look at the video below. It's Aiden dragging around his monkey backpack/harness. So stinkin cute! He's so much fun right now ... this is definitely my favorite age so far. I need to get a shower and get ready for work tomorrow. I also have an important sonogram at 8:30 to make sure I am not effacing or dilating early this pregnancy. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully the shots are working ...

No comments:

Post a Comment