Sunday, August 16, 2009

8/16 - Filling in some blanks for earlier in the week

So I didn't realize until this morning that I missed filling everyone in on what happened on mon and tues. Brad and I talked with my doctor last Sunday and she decided I should come in on Monday to Labor and Delivery so I can be monitored and get an ultrasound. We did that and they found my cervix to be unchanged (not good because it's shortened but not back because it was closed). They also saw I was still having contractions though so they changed the frequency of my medication for contractions. The doctor also decided I was on strict bed rest and ordered the shots for the baby's lungs to develop faster. The shot required me to go back on Tues afternoon and get the second shot for the baby's lungs.

I didn't follow the doctors orders and went to work on Tuesday after I got the shot and on Wed took Aiden to the dentist and then went to work for another couple hours. On Wednesday night I started to feel tightness in my stomach and it last for a long time. I went to work on Thursday morning so I could teach spinning (sitting down with my feet up) and my stomach tightness continued to get worse. I taught spinning and then one of the participants in the class followed me to the hospital (which is an hour away).

Needless to say, I got a long talking from the doctor about not obeying her and still going to bed even though I was on bed rest. Hopefully this explains why there was a long gap in postings to the website. My doctor went on vacation on Friday morning but has called everyday to make sure I'm still okay and is having me see one of her partners on wednesday to check for dilation and contractions.

I just wanted to give an update as to why I didn't post for a while. You'd think I have plenty of time to post to the blog now but it's kinda depressing that I'm not up taking pictures of Aiden and chasing him around. Things will work out though ..... we have faith because God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment