Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1/26 - Oh Eli .....

So, see the picture of that little booger above ... he is wearing me out!!! He has decided for the past 7 days to not really sleep at night. He'll sleep for 2 hours to start off with but then he wakes up almost every hour until 4 or 5 which he then becomes wide awake (and cries) and doesn't want to go back to sleep. He loses his paci and starts screaming and acting like he hasn't been fed in days when I try to put the paci back in. If he had teeth, I'd be scared to put the thing back in. I'd tried swaddling him, not swaddling him, swaddling him with one arm out (so he can suck his fingers), laying flat, laying on his side, laying on his side on an incline, Tylenol, gripe water, and rice cereal in a bottle. Nothing has worked so far really. He's gotten a little better the past two night because he's been waking up at 6am screaming, not 4!!
Aiden has been pretty good. He's usually a lot of fun and plays by himself. He's so cute. I can't wait for Eli to be that age but that's just because I'm not enjoying him right now. In the picture below, Aiden didn't want to leave the babysitters house before playing for a bit outside and going down the slide. He loves slides.
Aiden has recently learned how to twirl. I did NOT teach this to him although I dance around the house with both of while I hold them. He was cracking me up falling all over the place.
Aiden loves his Hot Wheels cars now. He had a helicopter for one day and now we can't find it. We KNOW it's in the living room but can't find it. We did just find the remote that has been missing for about 7 months!!
Grandma and Aiden were playing "hike" yesterday. She taught him how to hike a ball and now he thinks it's funny for him to be hiked. What a nut job. He was having so much fun though.
For those of you who read this through a note on FB, you cannot see the videos. If you are interested in the videos, go to http://thehoytfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com
The video below is of Aiden and Bronco. It might not be exciting for most of you but I thought Brad might like seeing his two boys playing.
I felt bad that I had so many cute pictures of Aiden and only 1 of Eli (I've been trying to avoid him) so I took one right before posting this. There he is!!! I did take him to the doctor today and the doctor said . Here is some dialogue:
...talking about me getting no sleep because Eli isn't sleeping
Dr: "You should get some sleep by letting him play on the floor for an hour or so while you nap."
Me: "He won't stay on the floor that long. He'll last 5-10 min tops."
Dr: "It's ok to let him cry for 20 min while you nap"
Me: "I have a 19 month old as well."
Dr: "Tell him to do a quiet activity for a while when you nap."
WHAT????

...later on talking about Eli not sleeping
Me: "he won't sleep longer than an hour at a time at night."
Dr: "does he sleep during the day"
Me: "yeah some. He takes about 3 45-min naps."
Dr: "don't let him sleep during the day. Keep him awake and don't let him nap"
WHAT????

Crazy!!!

Anyway, I need to get Aiden and pick up a prescription for Eli (an anti-spasmatic drug to keep his tummy not tense up) ...which reminds me:
dr: "you already have the drug we give parents with colicy babies right"
me: "what. There is a medicine for that????????????? NO, I don't have it."
dr: "let me give that to you ... it might help."
me: "that would have been great 3 months ago when he started to get colicy!"

Anyway, last night we feed Eli bananas and milk mixed together. I started Aiden on rice cereal but this guy doesn't need to get any more clogged up. He did horrible at first but I think he's gonna be a good eater like his big brother.



This second video was after a few more spoonfuls when he started to understand the swallowing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment