Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Holidays - Part 2

In the days after Christmas, we ran around town seeing a couple friends. As you can see from above, Aiden tried to ride in Eli's carrier but he didn't really fit. As you can see from the picture below, we tried to help Eli build up his neck muscles and do some tummy time. Unfortunately, he HATES is usually!
The picture below was taken on an unbelievable day. Aiden was getting really cranky and we were about to leave for Daytona for a few days. Everything (including pack and plays) was packed. I asked Aiden if he was being so fussy because he was tired. He looked at me, turned around, and went straight towards the bedroom. I asked if he wanted to take a nap and he put his arms up for me to lift him up in the bed. I found his paci and blankie and put him in the center of my mom's bed. He only took a 45/50 min nap but it helped. When I went in to check on him when I heard him making noises and he was rolling around in the bed. When he saw me, he sat up and sat on the top of the headboard of my mom's bed. He's too stinkin' cute.
The picture below was taken on our balcony in Daytona. Our room was huge and Aiden loved being able to go on the balcony and see birds.
We took a day trip and went to Jacksonville to see a few friends. Below is my friend Sue and her 3 boys. We had a great time hanging out with them and can't wait until we live closer to them.
We stopped at a McDonalds on the way home to let out get out and play while we ate dinner. He loved the play area and this little slide. I have no idea how he learned down this way.
We went down to the pool on New Year's Day at about 9am. The indoor pool was freezing so that only lasted about 15 min. We then decided to go upstairs on turn on our hottub in the room.
Eli LOVED the warm water. He looked a little crazy in the picture below and I just had to post it.

Aiden loved the water too. You can see in the video below that Brad was making Aiden do some serious belly laughs. By the time I started recording, he was done with the big belly laughs. All Brad was doing was putting a cup of water under the water and letting it pop up. Kids laugh at the simplest things.
The night before we left I took Aiden downstairs to the beach to see the birds. He had fun running around trying to chase them. I had a passer-by take this picture for us.
As we packed up to leave Daytona, Eli was chillin on the couch. Aiden had fun riding around on the luggage cart with Brad. I have a really cute picture of Aiden and Eli on the mini golf course put I'll post that some other time.
The ride back....what a story. I'm tired now so this will be short. Lots of traffic. LOTS of traffic. Took us 6-7 hours to get out of Georgia. We reached the halfway point after driving for 12 hours (10 hrs if you take away the breaks). That distance would have normally taken us 7 hrs. WE WILL NEVER TRAVEL 95 THE WEEKEND AFTER HOLIDAY BREAK AND BOWL GAMES AGAIN. The picture below is Aiden eating is fruit loops at the hotel (that we were not planning on staying at because we were gonna drive straight through).

The good news is we are home safe now. Brad is gone to CA but we'll post some more pictures soon for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment