Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4/13 - Back in MD

These are pictures from TX still. Aiden "played" the piano for the first time and really enjoyed himself. I was gone from Wed night until Sat afternoon for the most part. I'd get home around 6:30ish and then leave by 6:15am so I didn't get to see the boys (Brad included) much. Brad would take pictures and send them to me on my cell phone throughout the day.
Lexi, the black lab, stayed very close to Aiden during meal times in case Aiden dropped anything. Eli, in the picture below was thinking about going down the slide.
I thought in the picture below that Aiden was wearing medals (Kassie is a pretty good basketball player). I was a bit surprised when I e-mail it to myself and opened it that he was wearing all of Kassie's necklaces. I'm hoping this is a phase! If you sneak back up to the top picture, you can see he is wearing a necklace while playing the piano.
Kassie and Aiden became good buds. She watched the boys for us a few times so we could hang out with Steph and Steve (Brad's sister and BIL).
Aiden even tried to do Bryce's homework oneday.
They went to a cool store (according to them) called Cabella's which had an aquarium. Aiden had fun. He even found a cot (it's a camping store) that he fell in love with. And yes, Brad let Aiden out in public with a necklace on.
On Saturday afternoon, I finally got to see the boys too. Brad dressed them in matching outfits for me! We went to the park after naptime and I wanted to get a picture with both of them. After I finally got Aiden to sit near Eli, here is what happened. Aiden is learning how to "push" things. He decided it would be fun to push Eli.
Eli, however, did NOT think it was fun.
We did get a cute picture though.
Eli is such a little ham. Look at that face ... so adorable. He's sitting up so much better in just the week we were here.
Aiden in training for the balance beam in the picture below.
I found some new toys to play with at my conference. My arm is still really sore so I could only take fitness classes that dealt mainly with the lower body. Needless to say, I'm just now starting to walk comfortably again. These discs that Aiden are on kicked my butt. I had to get some because they were such a good workout. I learned some neat stuff for the gym and some new knowledge about a couple of areas. I had a lot of fun and really miss being able to go and present and conferences. Look at the back of Aiden's head - yeah, that's a necklace.

We took this picture the night before we were leaving. It's part of the Smith family and all of the Hoyt family. Bryce took the picture and Kassie was still at her basketball banquet. We had a great time in Austin.
Kassie even woke up early the morning we were leaving to say hi and play with the boys for a while.
The journey back to MD went pretty well. We got in at 11:30pm and all slept in a bit this morning. We are back on schedule now. Tonight, Aiden and Eli took their first real bath together with Eli sitting on his own. He is growing so fast.

I'm exhausted and need to get to bed. Brad has the rest of this week off which is awesome although I'll be gone most of tomorrow. The video below is something Brad sent me while at my conference one day. It's Aiden on a frog.
The video below is one Brad took to show how Aiden is creative enough to find a swing even when we won't take him to the park. The ottoman is a versatile solution for everyday living! Of course it wouldn't be TX if Aiden didn't have a necklace on!

No comments:

Post a Comment