Friday, June 10, 2011

6/10 - New bike & pool

Aiden had his last day in AWANA Bees this past Sunday. He got this new mask and an alligator clacker. Unfortunately, the clacker only lasted the evening until it was broken.
Aiden also got a cool pair of sunglasses that Eli likes. It looks like Eli is blowing kisses but in reality, he's stuffing so much food in his mouth that he needs to hands (I wish I was kidding).
It's been so nice out lately that I took the boys out early the other day. I was actually going to go roller blading for my workout but I did such a hard upper body workout the day before that I didn't think my arms and shoulders could actually handle maneuvering the double jogger. So, I opened the garage and let the boys play.
Aiden got a new ($15 from Craig's list) bike and he loves it. He rode a similar one at a friends house and I finally found one for him. He's a champ and even uses the pedals. Eli hasn't got the concept of using the pedals yet but he's still little.
Eli eventually traded in the bike for the stroller. He then kept trying to run Aiden over and thought it was pretty funny. It was awesome not having them argue over the one bike!
 
Everyday the boys are doing better at playing with each other. Eli is getting better about actually playing (not always destroying) and Aiden is becoming slightly more understanding that Eli is still little and is just learning the rules.
I couldn't get both of the boys to sit on my lap at the same time so I took them individually and got a picture.
My hair is getting long and I need to get it cut soon. It's so long that I always wear it back and in a bun because it's so hot.
This morning Aiden requested to eat outside for breakfast. He's never asked that before. I obliged and they had pancakes and cantaloupe outside. We had a play date at a park this morning and the smoke from a nearby fire was horrible. We then went to the library for storytime. Eli couldn't care less about books and Aiden loves them. I brought in a puzzle for Eli to play with since I knew he wouldn't listen but then Aiden wanted to play with. With neither kid listening and starting to become a little noisy with the puzzle, we left.
This afternoon, we set up our new pool. It came in the mail a few days ago and we haven't had a chance to use it yet. My friend Sue suggested I do something like this in the backyard so the kids can wear themselves out more. They LOVED it. If you are offended by little naked boys, don't look at any of the pictures below. I put the pool under the canopy thing so there wasn't much sun.
I knew Eli would love it because ... it involves water! This boy takes after his daddy and is like a fish.
Aiden, of course, was a little reserved and didn't get in for the first 20 minutes.
We were out there for 1.5 hours and they had so much fun. They were giving that slide a workout and having a great time. Eli liked the slide right away (he's the thrill seeker) and Aiden eventually gave it a try too.
Aiden enjoyed the slide too! We stopped and break for snack outside too. I've learned that I need to use a tarp by where the boys get in and out so they don't track dirt in. Overall, it was great and we can't wait to do it again on Sunday afternoon.
I also just found that my trip to Greece is 99% off. It's logistically impossible for the ship to be there for it to port when it was supposed to. I am quite heartbroken over this. It's not completely official yet but ... 1% isn't much hope. The boys and I are going out to the beach to visit Sue and her boys tomorrow. In the morning I think we'll take a bike ride down to the park and let the boys play and tire themselves out for an early nap. I am so thankful for such great people in my life. Sue has given me lots of guidance and support lately while I am struggling and getting worn out from this deployment and potentially not seeing Brad. Hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment