Saturday, June 25, 2011

6/25 - The Boys' Vacation

Even though Greece was cancelled for me, my mom and dad decided they would still watch the boys so I could get a break. Here are some pictures that were taken throughout the week. Ms. Susan (my dad's girlfriend), brought over some legos that the boys loved playing with. I think they spent a whole day just building things. I heard Aiden made some pretty tall structures but Eli was really good at knocking them over.
They even ventured out to the beach one day and met my sister and her 3 boys out there. Eli loved the water as predicted and Aiden just wanted to build sandcastles and not get in the water. Aiden was excited to be able to play with his cousins. Susan is holding Eli in the picture below. Below that, Scottie and his girlfriend are building sandcastles with Aiden.
Here is a picture of Eli just fooling around on the floor. He's become quite addicted to the paci (as he says, "papico"). His world is going to come to an soon when that is taken away. I normally only let him keep it in his crib but he's all out wack and even goes in to this room to get it out of the crib. 
The group (my mom, Susan, my sister, my dad, my 2 boys, and my sister's 3 boys) all went to Border's for a special  Cars event. It seems like they all had fun and ran around. 
My mom took Aiden for a few days and he stayed at her place while my dad had Eli. I know Aiden and my mom had fun and it looks like Eli and my dad had fun too. Papa bought Eli a pool so they got to hang out in that, which Eli loved. It will be great because know we'll have a little pool we can always use at papa's house.
Here is Eli eating some of his yogurt for lunch. Neither of the boys were good eaters while I was gone and it took Aiden a couple days to poop. However, Aiden is almost fully potty trained. When I dropped them off last Thursday, Aiden had done one day with no pull ups on and my parents continued the trend. He only had one, maybe two, accidents the whole time. It was impressive. He was evening waking up from naps and night-night time dry.
The boys liked Susan's dog I heard. Although Aiden looks scared of it, he likes dogs.
All the boys met over at Great Grandma Hagans a couple of times. I tried not to freak when I saw the pictures of the boys eating cupcakes and popsicles on the table. I also almost had a heart attack when my mom told me she took Aiden to McDonalds and he ate all his french fries, had an entire soda and wanted more, and ate only one chicken nugget. Aiden (and Eli) usually get chicken nuggets, apple slices, and chocolate milk so you can see why I was a little shocked. I make him eat at least 2 nuggets before he can drink most of his milk too. Thankfully, my friend Stephanie was with me and reminded me to relax because he was on vacation. Below are Graham and Aiden, they are so cute.

 I bet my boys were pretty excited to get cupcakes!!
The boys had a great time and it was good bonding for everyone I think. I've also included 2 pictures below with my friend Stephanie. She went to St. Augustine with me for a night so that I could get away and feel like I had a vacation. It was fun.

I'll be posting pictures very soon of the last couple days. Back to the grind now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment