Friday, June 17, 2011

6/17 - Boys visiting St. Pete

By Sunday, we knew the Greece trip was off and I was sad. I skipped church (hey, don't judge me) for the first time in a long time and just spent the entire day at home with the boys. I didn't feel like going anywhere or doing anything. In the morning, the boys played outside and rode bikes until they got too hot. Eli was being so safe and wanted to wear a helmet.
Eli tried to convince me to take the Coke car out but I didn't give in. We were all so hot and Eli just gets frustrated with it because he can't pedal it and when he tries to walk with it, his shoes come off.
Aiden had fun riding his new bike around. He's been doing really good at potty training but this picture was taken right after he had an accident which is why he's holding his pants. The crouch was all wet and his socks were soaked too.
We changed him and he continued to play. They love to play on this race car track that I've just left set up in the garage. Once Brad comes home and uses his bike though, we'll loose some play space in the garage.
The boys were in daycare Mon thru Wed this week so I don't have many pictures to share. Here are a few pictures of them wrestling one night. I don't mind the wrestling some but I don't want them to turn in to boys who have to wrestle (especially rough) all the time. They were both having fun but I just have to remind Aiden to be gentle (he tries to sit on Eli) and Eli to not bite (he likes to open his mouth while wrestling with Aiden).
I gave the boys fish sticks to eat during the week and they both wanted BBQ sauce, ketchup, and mustard to dip them in. I'm sure Brad is pretty happy about the BBQ sauce thing but I think I might get some tarter sauce soon.
Eli had fun in the bath as usual. He was rolling all around and blowing bubbles.
I included this picture because Eli is starting to break the gum on his bottom incisor teeth. His upper ones are already in, or coming in I should say.
On Wednesday, I had lunch with my old gymnastics coach from club, Mary. It was so much fun to catch up with her. We are gonna get together next week too. On Wednesday late afternoon, I got the boys and we left for St. Pete. Even though the trip to Greece was cancelled my dad and mom were nice enough to still offer to take the boys for a bit. We got there Wed night and had fun playing together on Thursday.
The boys were so happy to see papa and nana. Eli hadn't eaten well for me the past few meals but papa got him to eat. Eli saw he was eating cereal and went to go sit on his lap and wanted his cereal. It was too cute. This first picture is after Eli just got a bite full from papa; as you can see, he likes the cheerios and fruit.
I love this second picture. Eli looks so content and happy and papa looks like he's enjoying little Eli. Needless to say, Eli helped papa finish his cereal. Oh that's right, so did Aiden. He came over and asked for bites too.
Aiden and nana played trains for a bit with the travel and go thomas stuff we have.
I wanted to take a picture of Eli but he insisted on coming over and sitting on my lap so I took a picture of both of us. In my new camera, there is a screen that we can see and that's what Eli is staring at. He thinks he looks handsome apparently.
Once nana come over on Thursday morning, we went to the store. Aiden had $10 to spend (money from great grandma Hagan and aunt Pat). He was so careful in how he spent it. Thankfully my mom was there so her and Eli roamed around because it took Aiden forever to pick out what he wanted. He wasn't sure if he wanted more travel track or engines. The whole thing reminded me when my Aunt Becky took me to a theme park and I took forever to figure out how I wanted to spend the money I had. I remember thinking it was such a hard choice. Aiden picked out two trains and we went and scanned the prices. I told him he could take the one bigger train or he could get two of the smaller engines but that he didn't have enough money for both. He ended up choosing the one big one (Diesel 10 engine). He was pretty excited. While he picked that out, nana found Eli a slinky. Eli loves it. He played with it all on the store and even in the van on the way home.
For Aiden's birthday, nana and papa got him the games Chutes and Ladders. They played it once I put Eli down for nap. It didn't take Aiden long to get the hang of it. The more he plays, the more he'll like. He eventually just wanted to spin the spinner and move his man all up and down the slides and ladders just to play. It was cute.
 
I left St. Pete yesterday late afternoon and headed back up to Jax. It's was so weird leaving the boys. Even was even more odd to come home (with toys everywhere) and not have the boys here. It was a little lonely kinda. I've been on the run all day today. I did get to sleep in some. Pouncer woke me up at 6am (that's normal for him but it doesn't make it any less irritating) but after a few pets, he laid back down. I rolled around from 6:45 to 8:15am. It was great but at the same time, I haven't slept in until 7am in ages so it made me feel really lazy. Part of me was thinking I should get up because I can't get used to that since it won't happen again for a while. I'm not exactly sure what I am going to do tomorrow besides get new brakes at 8am. I'm a little lost without having to do something. My parents are so awesome for watching the boys and I know the boys are exciting to spend some time with nana and papa. I'm off to go do something although not sure what .....

No comments:

Post a Comment