Friday, June 3, 2011

6/2 - Playdate and Aiden turns 3!

We've had a busy weekend and week but that was good. Aiden and Eli decided to play on the chalkboard this past weekend. We had to figure some rules out because Aiden would draw and Eli would go erase all his stuff. Hopefully they can learn to play together on the chalkboard. Aiden is doing a good job trying to write more letters.

On Monday, I took the boys out to the beach. My good friend, Sue, has a place that she can stay out there so we headed out first thing in the morning to Amelia Island. The boys played for a bit (she has 3 boys but only 2 were there) and then we went to the beach. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera but I will next time. Aiden wanted nothing at all to do with the water. He didn't even want to go on the sand where water had once been (the hard packed sand). Sue tried to take him down the water and he was clinging on for dear life and she had to eventually turn around before her feet even got close to the water. Eli on the the other hand, LOVED the water. The tide was moving out so there were lots of little and big water puddles. Eli even loved going down to the water and letting the waves hit his legs and belly and almost falling over they hit him so hard. He had no fear and tried to walk out farther. At one point, I let a big wave hit him in the face so that he would understand what would happen if he kept going out there. He coughed it off and then wanted to do it again. Crazy child. I need to get him in swimming lessons pronto because he's a little risk taker. Aiden had fun playing in the sand and collecting shells. Everyone was down in the water except for Aiden and I was getting frustrated because I need to watch both of them and felt like Aiden was starting to suck the fun out of it. Thankfully Sue went and hung out with him for a bit. She eventually brought her tent/shade down in the wet packed sun so that Aiden would come down and be with us (although he wouldn't step out of the tent). That was okay because I was scared he was gonna get burnt. We had a great time and Eli fell asleep about 3 min after being the van to go home. Aiden crashed with about 10 min of the drive left. I put Eli is in his crib and he continued to sleep and put Aiden on the couch. Pouncer decided to join Aiden.
I woke Eli up at 4:00pm and then he quickly woke up Aiden by climbing all over him. Eli is starting to talk a little more and he always calls Aiden Eli. He's very confused apparently.
After they woke up, we played inside for the rest of the day. They were having fun playing cars and trucks in the kitchen.
I found Eli doing a big no-no the other day. Laying on the table playing cards. House rules: No standing or sitting on tables. Apparently Eli is trying to get away with a technicality so I'll have to include laying as well.
Eli also found Aiden's computer that he got last year but has been too young to use. He finally is starting to figure it out. Eli looked so professional sitting on my step pushing buttons on the keyboard.
 On Wednesday, we had a playdate at a local park. It was great weather although a little hot towards the end.
Eli crawled in the dome shaped thing and was having fun but then thought he was trapped inside and was yelling for me to get him out.
Some of the other kids came over to join him and that settled him down. Aiden and Eil were running around in circles under this thing yelling. It was too cute.
Aiden was all over the playground (it's rather large). He was playing with random other boys and girls most of the time. I did find him playing with the scooper thing once. You are supposed to sit on the seat but the levers to move the digger are really heavy and he can't do it like that so he was improvising.
We managed to get a picture with all the boys (Eli, Aiden, Hunter, Ryan). Everyone but Aiden is within 2 months of each other which is crazy.
It was fun and great to get out of the house and socialize for a bit too. Eli started to play with the water fountain and managed to get himself soaked so I had to take his shirt off.
After some naps, the boys played inside on Wednesday. We were gonna set the pool up that we bought on Sunday but when I opened it and laid it out, I realized it was much smaller than what I was wanting. I am taking that one back and ordered one on-line that should be here any day now. The rest of the afternoon we played lots of trains and cars. Aiden actually built an amazing track all by himself. I was shocked.
This track that Aiden built actually all connects. I was amazed. He's a smart cookie.
 
We had a monster truck party all planned for Saturday to celebrate Aiden's
I needed some helping singing Happy Birthday so I called nana on Skype. She helped me sing and then Aiden got to blow his candle out. Eli had fun watching.
Aiden started to lick the icing off and then decided he wanted a picture with Nana. This cracked me up. I brought the computer over to the table and he posed for a picture with her.
I gave Eli 3/4 of a cupcake and just put vanilla frosting on it. It managed to make a pretty good mess with that. I'm hoping he wasn't looking to his big brother for How to Eat a Cupcake.  
Aiden eats his cupcake by licking all the frosting off first.
After all the frosting is gone, he literally shoves the entire cupcake into his mouth.
After Aiden took his crown off, Eli found it and posed for a picture for me. What a ham!!
It was a good day for Aiden although I know he wishes daddy was here. He got two little presents from us. And here's an update on potty training: Aiden is doing pretty well. I have to set a timer at home to make sure he tries and when I do that, things work out pretty good. If I don't set a time and just ask him if it's time to sit on the potty yet, he pees in his underwear. He's still in pull ups most of the time but at night (when he gets home from daycare) I make him switch to big boy undies. It's a work in progress. I love lots of work to do so I better get going. Happy 3rd birthday Aiden. You are such a blessing to mommy and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment