Saturday, June 11, 2011

6/11 - Amelia Island

This morning I took the boys for a roller blade and then let them play at the park for a while and then we roller bladed back home. They continued to play out on the street for a while. We did an early lunch so we could do early naps so we could get out to the beach to meet up with some friends. Aiden and Eli played in the sand for a bit at the beginning until Eli remembered what fun the water was.
Aiden continued to want nothing to do with the water and played in the sand the ENTIRE time. I feel bad for him because he's alone so much playing by himself but .... Eli will drown in I'm not with him.
Riley (Sue's husband) dug out a giant hole that Eli and Carter (the youngest of Sue's 3 boys) were playing in. It worked out almost perfect because Eli loves the water but is definitely not sturdy enough on his feet to walk in to the waves. He tries, but the waves are too big and he falls over. He must of sucked down (and coughed back out) a 1/2 gallon of water. You would think that would make him a little cautious of the water (that is my goal in letting some of the big waves go over his head) but it doesn't phase him. He coughs it off with a smile on his face and waits for the next one or tries to walk out even farther into the ocean.
Eli thought it was especially fun when water came up to where they were at and flooded the area.
Meanwhile, up on the sand, Aiden is going a little crazy. Sue has more patience and is so much nicer to him than I am. Sometimes I feel bad I'm so mean to him but his requests just make no sense to me sometimes. He wanted his feet washed off because he had sand on them but we are still at the beach and more sand will get on them. Makes no sense to me. Sue was nice enough though to get him a pail of water so he could dip his feet in and then clean them off, and then put his shoes back on. That is WAY more patient than I am. I just tell him that's too bad. Maybe that's why he likes to go see Sue - she's nice to him. Haha. 
Eli was having a great time. I'm kinda forced to stay with him because he will drown if I don't. Riley watched him for a while why Eli and Carter played in the big hole he dug. That was nice just to be able to sit up on the beach without worrying about anything and enjoy a few minutes of time. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. If I'm not chasing kids around, I'm normally rushing through something else to get stuff done before I get the kids. It was weird just to be able to relax for a few minutes.
We were out during high tide which wasn't ideal but we made it work. Eli loves being on his belly when waves come but unfortunately he was getting waves over his head. After Riley dug a hole out, Eli stayed around there and some big waves would come crashing up every couple minutes.
For some reason, Eli likes to eat sand. I brought snacks with us but apparently sand tastes better. He deliberately put sand in his mouth in this picture.
Seriously, look at that mouth full of sand. Gross. He even ate some of his snack with completely sandy hands. I tried to wipe them off but he didn't really want them wiped off. 
We went back to the beach house and I hosed off the boys. Aiden didn't need too much cleaning since he won't go near the water. Eli, on the other hand, was a completely mess and had sand in every crevice possible. I put the boys in their jammies and then we ate dinner and played for a bit. Aiden and Carter were playing outside. I'm not even sure what they were playing but they were enjoying it.
Eli made himself busy by marching around the yard. He needed to. That child put more food down than I thought possible to fit in his tummy. It looked like he swallowed a soccer ball and he was done. 
Here the little mischievous smile he has. He thinks it's fun to play on the steps which isn't fun at all because they aren't glued down or anything so they easily move. He keeps me on my toes by trying to give me a heart attack.
Right before we left, Aiden wanted to go on the tire swing. He's never been on a tire swing before. Sue helped him get up and then Jake decided to help him too.
He liked it but didn't want to be pushed too long before he asked to get down. However, right after asked to get down, he asked to get back up. He's so confused.
We went inside for a final picture. We got a group one (Riley took the picture) with all the boys and then a silly group one. Apparently only Mac and Jake know what a silly picture is - haha.
We had a great time. We stayed really late and didn't get home until 9:15pm so the boys didn't go to bed until 9:30pm. We'll see if they sleep in tomorrow. I am eagerly and dreadfully awaiting to hear about the trip to Greece. I miss Brad so much and just want to see him. I am exhausted and need to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment