Saturday, June 25, 2011

6/25 - Eli to the ER; Aiden sees Cars 2

I forgot to include this in the last post. When I got to the boys on Wednesday night, I could see right away Eli had a serious problem. My parents had told me he had a diaper rash (which is unusual) but when I saw his bottom on Wednesday night, I knew it was much worse. In fact, it looked very similar to something Eli had when he was 1 month old: staph infection. I called our insurance company and she sent an authorization for us to go to All Children's Hospital on Thursday morning. I took him right after breakfast. Here he is playing with coloring pages on a computer. This hospital is awesome!! We were in and out in about an hour. It appears he does have a staph infection and they have him some strong antibiotics in case it was MRSA. He also has topical stuff we have to put on. By this evening, it was starting to look much better.
Another big even that happened yesterday was that Aiden and I went to see Cars 2. We went to the opening show (10am) on the opening day. I thought it would be much busier than it was. I think he was most excited because I told him he could have popcorn.
I was a littler nervous to take him in the theater because it's so big. He was in awe. We found a seat and it ends up he doesn't weigh enough to hold the seat down! haha I had to go get this booster seat thing that helped the seat stay down. He wasn't impressed with the previews because he just wanted to watch McQueen but the popcorn bought me some time. I took him potty right before the movie started. The lights turned down (I told him that is how he would know when the movie would start) and he was pretty excited. He got a little bored at the very end. I was impressed with him. I thought he would definitely say it was too loud and/or have to go potty. The plot was a little hard to follow for a 3 yr old but he wants to come see it again with daddy. He loved his huge tub of popcorn and we got it refilled before we left.
It was a great success and now he is waiting until daddy comes home to see it again. I'm wondering if he can handle watching it at the IMAX theater yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment