Sunday, May 16, 2010

5/16 - The in-laws are here!!

So I've published the blogs from 2008 into a book. I thought this might be a good idea since I don't have time to scrapbook anymore. I just received the book and it's really good quality. I ended up paying $48 for the book. I ordered my 2009 book since I liked 2008 so much and it was more expensive because it was about twice as long. The pages are good quality and the color is great.
On Thursday, Brad and I (and the boys) went to Baltimore for Brad to turn in his paperwork for Brad's private pilots license. After the 1.5 drive, we thought the boys needed to get out. It just happened that there was a bounce house right by the FAA building. Aiden has never been to a bounce house except the one at the squadron christmas party which he kinda liked for about 5 minutes. Thankfully Aiden is getting pretty good at ladders thanks to all the playground time. He could climb up this little ladder and go down the slide all by himself.

Below the video of Aiden getting in the bounce house for the first time. Aiden didn't really like to bounce ... I think Eli will love to bounce eventually; he maxs out on the jumping johnny now!
BettyJo and Dave are here and we are enjoying his company. They got here on Friday night. On Saturday we went to Annapolis in the morning which is when the picture of Eli in the car was taken.

It was a beautiful morning and we ended up getting there around 9:45am. We did lots of walking and Aiden did a ton of walking and stair climbing. The picture below is where the academy students do their formations in the morning.
Grandma and Aiden had fun smelling the flowers.
Aiden also had fun trying to fit into the lockers in the rooms of students.
At dinner last night, Eli was having fun playing with grandpa. He had such an adoring look on his face. Too cute.
Grandma got to play with Eli last night and he enjoyed that too. Unfortunately, Eli kept staring at me and wouldn't smile and play with grandma like he was before the camera showed up.
We went to church today. Eli has been teething and didn't let us get much sleep last night. We drugged him (Tylenol) before bed and about 1:30am. We also gave him orajel but that didn't seem to matter much. He was tossing, turning, and whining (and crying) for a good portion of the night. This morning he was very congested and running a fever. I still think his bottom 2 teeth are coming in but they still have a while before they pop up. We'll see how he does tonight and tomorrow morning and then I'll decide if I should take him to the doctor. Aiden is stuffy as well but we don't know if it's allergies or if they are both sick.
We are having a blast with the Hoyt's here. We had pictures done at Target tonight although the kids although they weren't very happy. I might re-do them in a week or so ... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment