Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/23 - 8 mo comparison & Brad is "fixed"


The picture below with the white card is Aiden at 8 months and the yellow card is for Eli.

Eli is doing pretty well. He cut his second tooth yesterday so we now have the bottom two teeth. Hopefully he'll be a little like Aiden in the sense that Aiden always cut 2 teeth at a time. I am now on a hunt for Ibuprofen because since Tylenol recalled all their infant medicine a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to find any ibuprofen. Tylenol/acetaminophen doesn't work well for Eli so I need to find ibuprofen soon. Chunky monkey is starting to stand for pretty long periods of time while holding on to something. We've tried walking with the hippo but he's not so interested in moving his legs (at all) so once the hippo starts moving forward, Eli just hangs on until he almost face plants (that's when I catch him). He's thought about getting up and trying to crawl but hasn't even tried army crawling yet. Eli still LOVES his jumping johnny. He loves to just roll around on the floor and play with various items that Aiden has let fall off the table in the living room. He likes to stand at his activity tables too and play. He'll get moving pretty soon. I'm trying to not be in a rush for it to happen because when I think back to Aiden, I had to focus on him a lot more when he got more mobile.

Aiden is also doing well. I can't believe he'll be 2 years old soon. He knows LOTS of words and will say the first syllable of any word you ask him to say. His knows all his colors (he can say them) and many of his shapes. He only talks using one words but he pronounces pretty darn clear for a 23 month old. He refuses to string 2 words together but it will eventually happen. His understanding vocabulary is crazy awesome. He can build train tracks although sometimes he needs help with the curves. He knows dozens of animals but his favorite are fish and turtles. He loves his cars and trucks and trains. He won't go to bed without 2-4 cars/trains/trucks. He takes them for nap time and night-night time. I can't complain because he normally goes to sleep without any protest as long as he has a car/truck/train. When he wakes up from sleeping, he turns his own sound machine off and comes out the living room. He's a great helper and puts his shoes away and usually helps out with Eli. So far he is a great big brother and he's finally understanding our rule of "before you take a train/car/truck away from Eli, you have to give him one he CAN play with." We have no idea why Eli is allowed to play with a certain train one day and not another.

This picture of Brad is after a dose of Valium!! Brad had a vasectomy last Friday to make sure that Aiden and Eli are the only children that we will have. Babies don't like to stay in my body and we seem to always have a rough start in the beginning. A small part of me is sad because I would LOVE to have a baby and enjoy the first few months. With Aiden, the first 3 months were horrible and I couldn't stand him. With Eli, the first few weeks were great and then it turned into a horrible nightmare with multiple hospitalizations and colic until he was 6.5 months old. I yearn to experience that love that I see so many women have with their babies. With both of mine, for a period of several months, I hated life and wondered why I had such horrible/sick babies. Part of me wants a third baby hoping that I can enjoy the baby part and cuddle them and look into their eyes and be in love. That said, our history suggests that we will not have such a baby and I would be lucky to make it to 30 weeks without going into labor and being on drugs and bedrest for the next 1.5-2 months. We are very thankful that God has given us 2 boys and they are great NOW. I will have to enjoy other people's babies and be glad when I hear that my friends have these angel babies that they enjoy and not be jealous. Brad's procedure went well although he is having a very hard time walking right now and we might be calling the doctor tomorrow morning to see if things are healing as they are supposed to. Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment