Friday, October 15, 2010

10/15 - Outside time & Gymboree

I took these pictures outside when we were outside the other day before dinner. Eli was trying to push Aiden's mower (Aiden wasn't too sure about sharing that). He wasn't doing such a good job because he can't pull himself up on it because it falls back. This was his first time with it so he'll probably get better. He has started walking with his hippo outside and is getting better. It's much faster on the cement than the carpet inside so he's still adjusting to that.
The boys had grilled cheese the other night and I wanted to see if Eli would take a bite if I gave him his whole sandwich. Instead, he just stuck his finger in it. He's doing much better drinking out of a straw cup but is still throwing it when he's done. We need to work on that a bit more.
Aiden saw me writing a check for Eli's daycare and this is what I found when I came out of the bathroom. Too cute.
Today we went to a family Gymboree class. Both of the boys had a great time and kept busy and moving. We went to Little Gym last week and Aiden had a blast but when I found out Gymboree had a class they could both do, I had to try it. Eli immediately glued himself to this giant rolling mat thing which he rolled back and forth across the room.
Aiden also enjoyed it. He did a great job of just going off an exploring and he calls out for me when he needs me. He's not a follower right now. Everyone else will be doing something (what the instructor demonstrates) and it takes him a while (and some nudging by me) to do it.
He walked over brides, crawled in tunnels, and went down slides. He even did a pretty good job of stepping over pumpkins which they placed in an obstacle course.
Eli had an absolute blast today! He crawled everywhere and kept me on my toes. There was this one very narrow tunnel that Eli was drawn too today. He barely fit in it and definitely can't turn around in it. There was a pretty big drop off at the end of the tunnel but Eli figured out how to handle it ... fall on his face, get up, and do it again!
I signed the boys up for the next month so I'm excited about it. I can't wait for Brad to come (hopefully he can come one time). In the video below you can see Eli rolling the ball mat.
I leave early tomorrow morning for a short trip to Ft. Lauderdale to see my friend, Nini, get married. My mom and her friend Carol are coming up to stay with the boys until Sunday early afternoon. I am so thankful they are coming up to allow me to go to the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment