Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23 - Pouncer & Halloween party


Eli has really been wanting to get close to Pouncer and Pouncer isn't sure about such a little guy. He stays there for a few minutes and then runs. I was surprised to see Pouncer run to Aiden and let him pet Pouncer for a bit.Aiden has been busy with crafts lately. He's been doing lots of Play-doh time and was also drawing on some Halloween cut outs recently. He likes clean crafts.
I saw little Eli crawling up on his bus the other day so I ran to get the camera because I could see he wanted to get in the top shelf of the toys. He quickly snapped this picture and then got him down before he bit it. He's not too stable to be standing on the bus.
Eli has been doing much better drinking his milk and I think he's about up to the minimum required now.
Today I let Eli color for the first time. He started off great and then after a few marks on the paper, he thought the crayons were much better used for eating than drawing so we had to stop.
Tonight we went over to Sue's for her huge Halloween bash. I've heard about it before but since we've never been in Jax since she started it, we've never been. Aiden was dressed up a helicopter pilot and Eli was his little brother with no costume. The boys loved the big sand mound in the backyard.
They both also enjoyed the swing set a ton.

They had a haunted house set up (didn't show Aiden that) and a bunch of cardboard tunnels/maze. It was so cool.
There were a large number of kids and adults there. After they played for a bit, all the kids gathered and did a parade around the little block/cul-da-sac area in front of Sue's house. We were one of the last ones done because some kids ran. Aiden was so busy looking at other kids that he was walking extra slow. A friend who I haven't seen in years was there and she helped me out with the boys which was super nice.
After the parade, we sat down and ate pizza and fruit and vegetables. It started to sprinkle some but we stayed out there for a while. I had the blanket set up because after eating and when the sun began to go down, It's a Good Life Charlie Brown was supposed to play. Unfortunately the rain kept up and it started POURING. We ran for cover and waited for a bit. It wasn't stopping and Eli was starting to get cranky (it was his bed time) so I called it quits and drove the fan around and picked up the boys and went home. I was disappointed we didn't stay for the whole thing but Eli was fussy and I wasn't sure the rain was gonna stop.
I brought the boys home and our neighbor watched Aiden play with his mower while I put Eli down. Aiden was up outside playing about 30 min after his bed time but he was having so much fun. I think we might be going to the dr on Monday for Aiden because he's had this cough for a few weeks and it's getting really bad. It's a dry cough but he's up half the night (and naptime) coughing and is doing it more during the day too.

On a good note, Brad comes home in a few days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment