Monday, January 10, 2011

1/10 - Pre-deployment days


We have been focusing on spending time as a family so I haven't had much time for the blog. We've had a great last few days before Brad leaves. We had family pictures done on Friday morning and they turned out great. I can't wait to share them soon.
Brad packed his bags on Friday night and we took them to base on Sunday morning before sunday school. The boys weren't really sure what to make of all of daddy's bags.

We got great news on Sunday on the way into church that Brad doesn't have to leave until Tuesday (he was supposed to leave Monday). In church on Sunday, Brad and I become members of our church which was good. The top picture is Aiden in his Awana-bees shirt. He goes to AWANA on Sunday night and is very excited to have shirt like all the other boys and girls in his class. He wanted to daddy to put on a matching shirt so Brad found an old softball one. Aiden wore that shirt, home and also to bed. He wanted to wear it on Monday too but I convinced him I had to wash it.
The boys went to daycare on Monday and Brad went to work in the morning. Brad and I hung out in the afternoon for a bit and then got the boys and went to Chic-fil-a for dinner. The boys had a blast playing with daddy and Eli didn't get another black eye this time. I felt so blessed God gave us another day and night with Brad.
Brad leaves tomorrow morning for his deployment. The boys and I are going to take him to base and say our good-byes.

No comments:

Post a Comment