Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/12 - Daddy is gone

The past few days have been quite emotional for us. We dropped Brad off for his brief yesterday morning and then I took Eli to get a shot at the clinic. That went pretty fast and we went back to say good-bye to Brad. It ended up his flight was delayed due to weather so we picked him up and took him to the NEX to get some stuff he forgot/didn't have. Aiden actually agreed to wear his flight suit so he could look like daddy. It was too cute.

After we got the things Brad needed, we got him some lunch to take back since he would by flying during lunch time. Brad put a penny in a pocket of Aiden's flight suit and Aiden thought that was pretty cool.We got one last family picture in the food court before we headed back to the van where Brad would say bye to the boys and give them their hugs.
When Brad was giving the boys their final hug in the parking lot, Aiden wanted Brad's hat. Brad put it on his head and he was smiling. When I asked if I could take a picture he frowned and said no (hence Brad laughing).
Aiden gave daddy a great good-bye hug.
Eli was starting to get fussy (that's why he got the paci) but he gave Brad a pretty good hug too. I should mention that Eli has gotten 3 out of his 4 first year molars in the past 2 days!
We drove Brad back to the squadron and I snapped one last picture of Brad and I. I gave him a very long hug and then we left.
I was sad but the kids kept me busy. Brad kept getting delayed (there were tons of low clouds out) and at 3:30/4:00 told me they were cancelled. I had such mixed feelings. I was frustrated because we already said good-bye but part of me was happy because that was another evening we had together. We went and picked him up and had leftovers. We gave the boys baths, put them to bed, then watched Biggest Loser.
Because of an early brief time today, I couldn't take Brad to the squadron. We said our good-byes at home (much easier than yesterday) and Brad left for the squadron. It was a beautiful day and they took off without any problems. I'm sure Aiden is so confused because we keep telling him this is the last time he'll see Brad for a long time and then he gets to see daddy. Both boys woke up really early this morning so Brad got to see both before he left at 6:45am. He is safely in Norfolk and I had a very busy day with Bible Study, some errands, and work. We have one more night of talking/texting before we can't do that anymore so I'm gonna soak it up tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment