Friday, January 14, 2011

1/14 - garage

These following pictures are for Brad since it's the only way I have to show him pictures. I've noticed our garage from slowly separating from our house but as I closed the garage door yesterday after I took out recycling, I really noticed it. You can see some gaps from the garage door to the frame of the house.
This next picture if for frame of reference. You can see a pretty big gap that is developing on side. It's only on the side of the garage that the garage opener is mounted to.
This is the left side - no big gaps.
This is the right side - very big gap all the way around.
I also found yesterday what I thought was the stuff our house is made out of. However, my neighbor thinks it's dried caulk (and I think he's right). There is a ton of it peeling off around the top of the garage. I've found the paperwork of the installation of the garage opener and I'm not sure if Home Depot will do anything it. I'm gonna call them later today.
After I picked the boys up from daycare yesterday, they wanted to play outside. It was pretty darn cold but I let them play for a little bit. Eli now thinks the tricycle is his and thankfully Aiden went for the stroller anyway. I looked on Craigs list last night for a tricycle because I can see that we will need 2 soon.
Eli was playing with the racetrack last night while I was getting dinner ready. I was pretty excited he was playing by himself and using the toy correctly. It won't be long until he can do that with more and more toys (that's what I tell myself at least). When he can play by himself a little more and learn to eat better by himself, my life will get much easier.
While I gave Eli a bath last night, Aiden was playing with his cars.
Eli loves bath time and I am trying to figure out a system to bath both boys and they can both play. Eli likes toys to play with, Aiden can't stand them really. He keeps just 1 toy or a car and plays with that the whole time. Also, Eli likes to give Aiden hugs and stretch out and blow bubbles in the bath tub and Aiden doesn't like that because he says, "have no room." I will get a new system down pretty soon but it's definitely so much easier when Brad is around for bath time.
Aiden was up coughing much of the night. He got up at 12:30am and turned his lights on and was crying for me. He must have been crying for me for a while because his pj top and bottom were kinda wet from his tears. He then wanted new pj's because his were wet. He didn't want to go to sleep by himself but he was so tired. I laid on the floor for a bit and then snuck out of his room. He was awake by 6:30 and had drenched the sheet and his clothes with pee.
The boys played with phones for a while this morning. I took Eli to daycare a little after 9:00am. I let Aiden watch Cars while I got some work done and then we went to pick up Eli before lunch. This morning Eli was playing with the jet from the Hess truck Santa brought him.
Boys are napping and I'm gonna take a little nap too seeing how I was up so much last night with Aiden and then up really early with him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment