Sunday, January 30, 2011

1/30 - Eli bit again & Skyping with daddy

When I picked Eli up from daycare on Tuesday, I was informed he was bit again at daycare. It was the same little boy. That is two times in about a week! This time he got bit on the nose.
We got out the crayons and were playing with them the other day. Eli goes a little crazy with them so I have to monitor them closely. Aiden just wanted to stack them and put them in a circle.
I showed Eli how he could stack them which was a good move. He tried and did a good job as long as I held them steady. If he doesn't have a job to do like stacking, he just throws them everywhere and makes a huge mess and drives me crazy.
Aiden has a new way of dancing. I have no idea where he got it from and it totally cracks me up. He puts one leg and moves it up and down. I will have to get it on video soon to put on the blog. You can see Eli in the background - hopefully he doesn't learn to dance like this. It's amusing now but if he does these moves on a real dance floor, he's gonna be in trouble.
Eli's nose started to get worse. He had an appointment on Thursday for his pre-sedation physical (for his MRI on his brain). I told the doctor I wasn't sure if he still needed the MRI but that he still wasn't acting right and still off balance. We discussed other options such as a hearing test and seeing a neurologist. She started the physical and didn't get any further than his ears. He has a double ear infection!! She gave him antibiotics (which will also help his nose) and put him on allergy medicine. She also gave him special medicine to put on his nose. We go back in 1.5 weeks to check the ear infection and do the physical for the MRI.
We got to Skype with Brad a few times from Wed night to Fri morning. It was SO GREAT to see his face. I got to Skype with him at night on Wed and Thur! I miss seeing his handsome face. The boys had a great time skyping on Thur. Brad called back on Fri morning to Skype for a few minutes and say bye. Brad did such a great job of getting in touch with us and skyping with me and the boys. I look forward to skyping again on his next port hopefully.
Eli was playing his drums for us earlier in the week.
We went to the park on Friday since the weather was so great. We got to see some ducks close up and Aiden really enjoyed watching them.
Eli had fun at the park too. He has no reservation or understanding of danger at the playground. He is doing much better knowing that he has to sit down rather than go head first down the slide. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the body coordination to always sit on his bottom.
Saturday is Gymboree day. The boys had fun as usual. I took this picture for Brad so I could send it to him. This was towards the end of the class when bubbles were everywhere. They had little cups that they were supposed to catch bubbles in.
Our neighbors bought Aiden a Lego Cars kit. He loves it but wants Sally too. These are the medium size legos which he is ready for according to the ages. He likes these but I think it's impossible to try and keep them away from Eli too.
On Saturday night after dinner, we went outside. Eli played on the bike (which is supposed to be Aidens).

Aiden was very content to push the stroller around and let Eli play on the bike. While we were outside playing, I got a phone call from a woman I had called. She was selling a bike on Craig's list and was telling me it was still available. We immediately jumped in the car and went to check it out since she lived about 10-15 min away from us.
Aiden loved the bike. It's a little big for him because he can barely touch his toes to the ground. It's not the style bike I was looking for but I'm so tired of the boys fighting over a bike that hopefully one of them will like the new one. I told Aiden he can learn how to use the pedals like big boys do and he can ride the bike.
Aiden hasn't really had a chance to play on his bike since we got home at 6:55pm and it was time for both of them to go to bed. Aiden has been bothering me for some Cars pajamas like Eli has (one piece zipper jammy). I finally got him one a couple days ago. He used to really dislike them when he was younger so I didn't think he'd like one. He looks so cute in it. He doesn't like the zipper all the way up and it unzips it for tickles before bedtime.
Ms. Lydia, Eli's daycare provider, sent home a puppet and some food and non-food items. They were using these to show the little boy who keeps biting Eli what goes in the mouth and what doesn't. Aiden thought it was pretty fun and I have no idea if Eli understands.
I had to take this picture tonight because Aiden looked so cute with all his blankets and sitting in his chair. Sunday nights are late nights and both boys go to bed about 30 min later than normal.
Tomorrow we are going to meet a friend at the park for a bit. I promised Aiden he would get a chance to ride his new bike tomorrow. Things are going well. We are re-charged since we got to "see" daddy. It's been a good week and our goal is to get Eli healthy. The boys will also be going to Bible Study Fellowship for the first time this week. We are very excited that next week Arin and her daughter, Grace, are coming down from MD to visit with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment