Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/18 - Eli got bit

This first pictures was taken last week but I forgot to post it. This is our deployment calendar. Everyday, Aiden picks out a sticker to put on the day. Since he doesn't really understand time (especially when talking about weeks or months), we came up with this. He knows we are having two parties, one at the half-way point, and one when daddy comes home. Sometimes I wish we didn't have it up because it looks like so many days but Aiden really likes putting the sticker up everyday so ... I will let him. I'm focusing on how many stickers we have, not how many we don't.
Oh my little Eli. How he loves Pouncer and how Pounce is oh so sweet to him. Pouncer is so good with the boys. He takes a lot of abuse from them (not really, but they don't always pet gently) but Pouncer really likes them both. I think Pouncer is Eli's first crush although that sounds weird since Pouncer is a boy.
Eli climbed literally on top of Pouncer to get on the cushion and Pouncer still stayed there while Eli pet him. Pouncer doesn't look happy (look at his ears), but he stayed.
When these boys get older, I'm going to have the cleanest floor ever! Aiden has always loved vacuuming and Eli is following in his footsteps. I don't know why Eli's face cracks me up so much in this pictures but he was so excited to vacuum. That means that Aiden then had to vacuum as well which means Eli got upset because he had to give the vacuum up. I think my best option is to get another vacuum and let them use them whenever they want!
We went to the mall on Friday afternoon to get our pictures. While I was loading up Eli in his seat, Aiden fell out and onto his head. He cried for a bit but was then okay. I promised him a train ride at the mall to help him feel better.
This was Eli's first train ride and I think he really enjoyed it. They were both on their knees looking out the window and waving to people the whole time. They'd do great in a parade!
The boys got a package from Great grandma Hagan and Aiden was very excited to open it. They got some socks and cars. Needless to say, Aiden was pretty excited about the cars and motorcycle.
We opened all the cars/trucks and then Aiden carried them around for a while on his frying pan.
Aiden got a new backpack a few days ago. While he loves his monkey backpack with his name, it's too big to use for church. So, I finally found him a small Cars backpack and it has wheels. It wheeled it around the whole store and it taking it in the car all the time even though he doesn't have to. I think right now he still has the new cars in his backpack.
Monday was a very rainy day. I was about to go nuts from being home with the kids for the fourth day straight (although we went to sunday school and bible study on sunday). Our planned playdate got cancelled so I wasn't quite sure what to do. We put up almost all the tunnels and houses the boys got for Christmas and they had a blast. We invited our friend Stephanie and her 3 kids over (7yr girl, 3 yr girl , and 9 month boy). They came over and a good time was had by all! I need to take pictures of our company next time.
Eli is so cute yet such a little stinker. He loves to pretend to talk on the phone. Speaking of talking, Eli can say mama, dada, turtle, fish, and bye. He does a great job of trying to mimic you and can usually attempt the same number of syllables. Eli is not supposed to be touching the dishwasher dial. That's his newest "no-no" that he really likes to test me with. It drives me nuts and I do not think it's a fun game to play. We dry the dishes in the dishwasher so we don't take up counter space and when he turns the dial, all the dishes get wet rather than dry.
Aiden is supposed to wear that yellow shirt on Sunday nights but when he saw it on Monday morning (folded), he couldn't resist himself and I gave in. He wore his AWANA shirt all day.
The boys have been doing pretty well together lately. Aiden is going to be such a great big brother and Eli adores his big brother (he's gonna be a great little bro). Aiden brought his stool over to where Eli was eating snack at and ate with him. They played with the fruit/vegetables together for a while too.
After dinner, we watched daddy read a few stories. I have no idea if this contributed to Aiden's lack of sleep this night. He was waking up screaming and moaning but he wasn't really awake. I was going in his room every 10-15 min to calm him down and/or try to wake him up. He eventually settled down and got a few hours of sleep but ended up moving him to our bed at 5am in the hopes of getting some more sleep. That's the first time I have brought him to our bed to sleep. Since he's been a little sick, he was snoring so I couldn't sleep until I moved out onto the couch.
When I picked Eli up from daycare on Tuesday, I was informed he'd been bit. They had just woken up from naps and the older boy (he's a young 2 yr old) was giving Eli a hug and then when Eli pulled away from the hug, the other boy bit him!
Things are going pretty well considering we miss daddy. It's been one week today! I've been extra busy with classes starting and getting 2 research studies ready to go. Church is going well and I'm continuing to try and make new friends and build even stronger friendship with those that I already know. The pastor of our church has been very supportive and has called me a few times and has even e-mailed Brad. I need to get some work done. I'll be scanning and posting pictures soon of our recent family photos which turned out awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment