Monday, May 25, 2009

5/25 - Memorial Day & videos of playing with trucks

We've had a good weekend together and got to visit with some friends. On Sunday after church we went to a friends house to celebrate his 30th birthday. Thankfully they had another guest with a 4 yr old and they traveled with lots of big trucks. Aiden thought it was great. The picture above and below are from yesterday at the birthday party.
Brad left pretty early this morning for the airport. He just called and did make it to San Diego just fine. Aiden and I got some groceries for the week and some diapers. We got home, he had lunch, and then I put him down for a pretty short nap (it was earlier than he normally goes down). When he got up we went to a friends house for a Memorial Day cookout. It was fun. We played wiffel ball (not sure if I spelled that right). I put Aiden in the backpack carrier and he helped me pitch. The game ended because of rain in a 7-7 tie!! I had to take Aiden off my back when I batted (I didn't feel safe swinging a bat with him on my back) and he didn't like that. He was getting really tired and that just put him over the edge. We left after we finished playing and game home to our normal nighttime rituals. The picture below if from tonight. That is Dave and Eli with Aiden.
I need to finish getting everything ready for tomorrow. If these videos work (they post), I wanted to show what a big difference 1-2 weeks can make. These are two videos of Aiden playing with his cars/trucks. At first, he would just throw them around because he didn't know what to do with them. We taught him how to "push" his automobiles and he became so much happier playing with his things that have wheels.
The above video is the pre learning to push. The video below is the post pushing. What a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment