Monday, July 13, 2009

7/13 - Visit with Grandma


After a long trip to the airport on Friday, I finally picked up my mom and had just as long of a trip on the way back. Lots of track, all red lights, and slow drivers make for a frustrating 2 hour commute to the airport (each way). Thankfully she arrived safely and we got home on Friday evening. We have been having fun since Grandma came. Aiden and my mom played with blocks the first night they were here and got to know each other again.
We haven't slowed down much since she arrived. On Saturday we went to Wal-Mart, our friend Arin's so she could give me my weekly shot, and base for some groceries. We got home just in time to feed Aiden and put him down for a nap. When he woke up, we went to watch Brad play softball. It was his final game since he'll be gone for a month and it was actually in the afternoon this time so Aiden and I could go too. We all went and had fun. The picture below is from grandma and Aiden playing on the playground. Our church actually won their first game and did a great job. Aiden was very interested in watching which was a first.
Sunday we went to church, came home for a nap, then went to a BBQ for a while. It was another busy day. Today, Brad went to work and my mom and I did took Aiden to the playground and then did an errand this morning. After Aiden's pathetic attempt at a nap, he got up and played outside in the yard with his new dump truck that grandma got him. They picked up sticks and then he handed them off to Bronco who had fun chewing on them. In the meantime, I got to work on my van for a bit trying to get all the dead bugs off the front.
The picture below is Aiden giving Bronco the sticks he collected.
Overall, it's been a great visit so far. Brad and I got to have date night last night!!! We were so tired though after a long day that we only went to the movies to see Transformers 2. We were gonna do dinner too but just ate lots of popcorn and decided to call that dinner. My mom put Aiden to bed and held down the fort while we were gone. We have just another 1.5 days until Brad leaves so we'll be making the most out of that time. I go to work tomorrow and my mom is going to cook a yummy dinner for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment